• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Robots as sex toys?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Lonely men are increasingly turning to Siri for love and 'sexually explicit' chat

Its the first step.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Tuna, corn and pasta?

God that looked like my student dinner...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Now think how much of those wi-fi bits flowing around us everywhere comprise t***, c*** and p****.
    Tuna, corn and pasta?

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Sex robots are inevitable - once the technology is sufficiently developed.

Just like VR, if it ever becomes truly realistic enough. Star Trek's holodeck skirted around the idea (Murdock aka Lt Barclay) - in Deep Space Nine it was less overt, then in Caprica, it was abundantly clear that sex VR rooms were everywhere, catering to practically everything. If fully-realistic plug-into-your-brain VR is ever realised (which I have doubts), expect >50% of usage to be sex-related.

Cast your minds back 25 years - imagine a global network of computers sharing knowledge and information. Now think how much of those wi-fi bits flowing around us everywhere comprise t***, c*** and p****.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So now women should subjugate men? Can we not aim for equality?
    After a few thousands years of subjugation there will be talk about equality.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Not really sure the 3.5 minutes I may spend on my sex bot is really going to lead to a self focussed hedonistic lifestyle but whatever.
    Why are you including the clean-up and post-coital battery changing time in that?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Roxxxy the best sexy robot in the world.

And you make "her" look like AndyW's mum?
    I thought of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV1zK8zRCPo

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I was not aware that having lots of sex led to any side effects?
    Brillo, the new politically correct term is "Children"

HTH

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Wait what - Harvey is cool...

Oh I see he is one of these self made hardworking rich people you so despise.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    This guy?

The other one - the "hero" - but they're pretty much as bad as each other.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I meant that living a self-focused hedonistic lifestyle might turn you into a selfish, horrible person who spreads misery to everyone they interact with - family, colleagues, waiters, whatever.
    You forgot to add good folk of CUK to the list

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Who mentioned about discussing your sex life? I meant that living a self-focused hedonistic lifestyle might turn you into a selfish, horrible person who spreads misery to everyone they interact with - family, colleagues, waiters, whatever.

Like the main (older) lawyer in Suits - ugh
    Not really sure the 3.5 minutes I may spend on my sex bot is really going to lead to a self focussed hedonistic lifestyle but whatever.

This guy?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Who mentioned about discussing your sex life? I meant that living a self-focused hedonistic lifestyle might turn you into a selfish, horrible person who spreads misery to everyone they interact with - family, colleagues, waiters, whatever.

Like the main (older) lawyer in Suits - ugh

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Unless of course living an egocentric "how I live my life is my business" life turns you into someone who is offensive and upsetting to the people you interact with in real life.

No man is an island.
    Well I do not run around shouting about my (unbelieveable good) sex life right now.

SO if I decided to get a sex robot not sure why I would suddenly start..

oh and finally if I decide to be upsetting and offence to people then I will end up sad and lonely with just my robot for company - but that is my choice and not anyone else's.

I do not have to be nice to anyone I simply have to accept the consequences of my actions

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    generally they can ***** off - if I wanna get my jollies banging inanimate objects with a few electronics to make them seem more 'human' that is what I will do

fookin busy bodies
    Unless of course living an egocentric "how I live my life is my business" life turns you into someone who is offensive and upsetting to the people you interact with in real life.

No man is an island.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X