• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gaydar test

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gaydar test"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I meant how good my gaydar was based on subjects' gender.
    Ah, gotcha.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    IIRC the summary at the end said that gender and age made no statistical difference.
    I meant how good my gaydar was based on subjects' gender.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    52%. I think breaking down results by gender would've been useful.
    IIRC the summary at the end said that gender and age made no statistical difference.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    52%. I think breaking down results by gender would've been useful.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Agree - the "quiz" was slightly easier in that you knew one was gay and one not. Identifying any of them as individuals as straight or gay would be nigh on impossible.
    There were some were you'd probably have good reason to guess that way, but I bet they threw in a few confounders as well.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    73.3%.

Just got lucky I guess... i was starting to get bored towards the end and was randomly clicking

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Think this either gay or straight is a bit of a nonsense anyway. The level of gay sex in prisons suggests many will consider the #2 option if they can't get the #1. I call it the Mobile syndrome, after the rugby song.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Yeah, I think it's tricky to discern. I remember reading that some homosexuals have brain chemistry closer to that of the opposite gender, but then you still get many who are either "normal" for their gender, or go to the opposite extreme, e.g. if male being hyper-masculine. Throw in the fact that you get many "camp" straight guys or butch straight women, and it's more guesswork than anything else. Obviously you'll probably get a higher prevalence of camp/effeminate men amongst gays but doubt it's high enough to help making any guesses.
    Agree - the "quiz" was slightly easier in that you knew one was gay and one not. Identifying any of them as individuals as straight or gay would be nigh on impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Yeah, I think it's tricky to discern. I remember reading that some homosexuals have brain chemistry closer to that of the opposite gender, but then you still get many who are either "normal" for their gender, or go to the opposite extreme, e.g. if male being hyper-masculine. Throw in the fact that you get many "camp" straight guys or butch straight women, and it's more guesswork than anything else. Obviously you'll probably get a higher prevalence of camp/effeminate men amongst gays but doubt it's high enough to help making any guesses.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Don't think I have a clue. Two most effeminate blokes I can remember, and one was drag artist, weren't gay at all. Did well with women.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Everyone gets 66.7%?
    65%

I reckon a few of the guys and women were slightly easier to spot, and that raised the score slightly from an average of 50%

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Let's wait until Fat Male (MF) sings...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Your score was 53.3%.

I'm obviously out of touch.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I got pissed off with clicking after a bit, and just kept clicking the one on the right to get it over with.

45% score.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Seriously who can be bothered to click through that lot? Got fed up and gave up.
    That's a shame. The lady in the last picture had an enormous bottom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X