• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Speedbird Mayday Mayday"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Eyewitness Reggie Bugmuncher said she was waiting at a gate for her flight when she heard people saying: "Oh, my God.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If it's not under the seat in front or on your person it's not worth saving.
    The wife and kids generally have seats of their own....... Oh I see what you mean!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If it's not under the seat in front or on your person it's not worth saving.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Sometimes, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....

Fresno man runs back into burning building to save ... a rack of ribs - LA Times
    I like the quote "I already had smoke in my lungs" kinda explains the midnight munchies

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    There are definitely some people who's manbags are worth more than their sad lives.
    I love my Manbag, but only cause I don't have a life

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "So, do I risk being trapped and dying in this horrible fire, or do I go through the IT department's process for reporting loss of a company laptop?" *turns back to open overhead locker*
    The biggest mistake in such emergencies is to actually start thinking, you need to active intuitively - grab yer laptop and run!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    So according to the article the plane was taxiing on the runway, so everyone would have been in their seats at the start, so what makes people stop and think "I will hold everyone up getting off the plane while I get my carry on luggage out of the over head bin" and why did the Aircrew let them evacuate with said luggage still, is your man bag really worth more than your life!
    Sometimes, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....

With his family safe, Robert Wright’s attention turned to his grumbling stomach, and then back to the burning apartment — what about the ribs, man?

“First thing, I got my kids, and I thought about my ribs. Like, I didn’t want my ribs to burn and stuff because I take pride in what I do, man” Wright told KMPH, hoisting a long rack of ribs in his right hand like a giant, meaty scroll.
    Fresno man runs back into burning building to save ... a rack of ribs - LA Times

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    There are definitely some people who's manbags are worth more than their sad lives.
    "So, do I risk being trapped and dying in this horrible fire, or do I go through the IT department's process for reporting loss of a company laptop?" *turns back to open overhead locker*

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied

The person on the far left has a big bag and a handbag, the guy in the white shirt in the middle again has a bigger cabin bag and a more hand held bag
    They look more like Check-in baggage

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Business class passengers...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Where does it say luggage? Someone else mentioned this on facebook and neither article I read said it? Is it because of the pictures? Most people either have nothing or a handbag which is at your feet.

We booked our Vegas trip on Monday so everyone has been linking this to me on FB... Erm, thanks friends .

The person on the far left has a big bag and a handbag, the guy in the white shirt in the middle again has a bigger cabin bag and a more hand held bag

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Where does it say luggage? Someone else mentioned this on facebook and neither article I read said it? Is it because of the pictures? Most people either have nothing or a handbag which is at your feet.

We booked our Vegas trip on Monday so everyone has been linking this to me on FB... Erm, thanks friends .
    There's at least one person with their wheely suitcase in this video: https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/s...09990121537536

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    British Airways plane catches fire in Las Vegas - BBC News

So according to the article the plane was taxiing on the runway, so everyone would have been in their seats at the start, so what makes people stop and think "I will hold everyone up getting off the plane while I get my carry on luggage out of the over head bin" and why did the Aircrew let them evacuate with said luggage still, is your man bag really worth more than your life!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    It was actually in the US, unlike Walter Mitty
    Well there's someone sending me a pic of the flight before evacuation moaning about this fecker blocking the exit. Guess who it was! ?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X