• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oops you know it was going to happen"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    not necessarily. the bible tells me so
    Only a couple of times.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    what does being gay have to do with it?...
    If a couple are gay they can't (at the moment) both contribute DNA. The other 50% must come from another source, of the opposite sex.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Which makes me think, what kind of a f**ked up neighbourhood will be against mixed race baby but having no issues with a lesbian couple...
    shot!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Their argument seems to be "We live in a racist society. Now we're exposed to that, we want compensation."
    They also live in a highly litigious society...

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    what does being gay have to do with it?

They asked for a little white baby.
    Which makes me think, what kind of a f**ked up neighbourhood will be against mixed race baby but having no issues with a lesbian couple...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    If you were gay and had a baby via a surrogate mother, and the donor egg was from a non-Caucasian woman, that'd be no different from if you were not gay and had a child with a non-Caucasian woman. The other 50% of the DNA must come from somewhere.
    what does being gay have to do with it?

They asked for a little white baby.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    But you have to be Jewess called Mary who is married to a very gullible man.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If you were gay and had a baby via a surrogate mother, and the donor egg was from a non-Caucasian woman, that'd be no different from if you were not gay and had a child with a non-Caucasian woman. The other 50% of the DNA must come from somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm not sure I would cope with having a brown baby via IVF both being white, conversely I'm not sure I would want a white baby if both Brown. it would be a very challenging situation.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I hope the US shows similar sense. Children are a blessing. Plenty of children need adoption/fostering. Mrs BP and I want to do this - but the red-tape involved puts us off..
    It's a fairly intrusive process; rightly so. Takes quite some time too. About 9 months and now nearly there.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Their argument seems to be "We live in a racist society. Now we're exposed to that, we want compensation."

aye. imagine the conversation

'Hey babe, what do the instructions say ?'
    'erm...difficult to read, Kunte Kinte I think'
    'No worries babe, I will be very kinte'

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Mrs V is a child minder, we frequently go out with a multi coloured brood. The reactions are amusing, sometimes worrying. They are all kids and beautiful in their own way.

I'm not sure I would cope with having a brown baby via IVF both being white, conversely I'm not sure I would want a white baby if both Brown. it would be a very challenging situation.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    A child is for life...

not just for xmas

this is the big problem with 'designer' babies - real people who want to be parents do not care about the colour of their off springs hair.

unless they are ginger mind you that is always a bit devastating for the parents.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    In the UK a couple once sued as his vasectomy did not work. The judge told them that children are a blessing(he has clearly not met my children!) and dismissed the claim.

I hope the US shows similar sense. Children are a blessing. Plenty of children need adoption/fostering. Mrs BP and I want to do this - but the red-tape involved puts us off.

And our initial request was turned down as ex-mrs-bp has a kidney transplant that might fail and the twins might live with us. The children are 13 and can look after themselves and her. I they did move in with us we have a 6 bedroom house with bedroom for each of them as well as foster children.

And fostering still claim they are desperate for foster parents.

I suppose its the usual government incompetency.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Only took them 3 years to realise they need to sue... money grabbing #$%&* I don't defend the clinic that have obviously made a mistake but...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X