• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any Swindon landlords out there?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    was it you dancing in the leather & Latex under the Chocolate fountain?

I noticed the Luton boys were playing 'pin the tail on MF' in the corner.
    I had the ketchup bottle. I supposed you did not recognize me without my cycling stuff on...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Oh dear. Was it to one of his "special" parties?
    was it you dancing in the leather & Latex under the Chocolate fountain?

I noticed the Luton boys were playing 'pin the tail on MF' in the corner.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    yes.
    Oh dear. Was it to one of his "special" parties?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Have you visited Guildford since sas moved there?
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The wife™ used to live in Guildford. Great fish shop in Burpham and London Camera Exchange in the town centre, but apart from that we don't miss the place.
    I knew a place there.

A little place that used to serve the most wonderful warm nuts by the quarter of a pound from a machine that used to sit behind the shop's counter.

Yes, we'd always pop in for a bag of Old Mother Maisie's cracker nuts whenever we were passing Burpham.

Sadly it is no longer, as I doubt is Old Mother Maisie.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Newlands corner is okay though....

Full of bl**dy two wheelers who don't look where they are going.

But it's not far from Albury vineyard (nice wine & gin) and the Silent Pool distillers (nice gin)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The wife™ used to live in Guildford. Great fish shop in Burpham and London Camera Exchange in the town centre, but apart from that we don't miss the place.
    I used to visit the park next to the lido in 1966 to sail my boat in the pond. And I used to take the train to the station then walk to the newly opened town centre swimming pool in 1970(sadly closed now).

I visited in 1999 to meet up with primary school chums I found as part of Friends Reunited. Guildford was by then a tip.

Newlands corner is okay though....

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Sorry I have lived in Guildford & on the outskirts of Slough honestly they aren't even similar.

Slough is a bit of a pit but hardly the worst.

Guildford is far better.

https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-protection/overview

https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-p...t-your-deposit

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I used to know a landlord in Swindon - I think his place was the Sally Pussey

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Having travelled extensively round the home counties and visited Swindon once, I can confirm that Swindon is the worst. Apart from Guildford.
    Sorry I have lived in Guildford & on the outskirts of Slough honestly they aren't even similar.

Slough is a bit of a pit but hardly the worst.

Guildford is far better.

https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-protection/overview

https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-p...t-your-deposit

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Clearly the deposit was held under the DPS
    Dim Prawn Scheme?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Being evicted sounds like the best way out for tenants who have signed for 6+ months to a terrible landlord to be honest.

Clearly the deposit was held under the DPS

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Oddly I nearly mentioned Slough. My sister works in Slough - lives in the Chalfonts. The employees are recommended to travel off site in pairs if on foot!

I like Luton. Plus suity lives there. High Wycombe has an interesting old railway line that used to run under the M40 viaduct.

Coventry is up north. All of which is infinitely worse than Swindon. Especially North Wales. Mrs BP and I cannot wait to move out. To Bexhill-on-sea.
    Indeed it has and I have extensively explored that stretch of line.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You married again?
    Yeah. Marriage number 5. I can't believe that 5 women hate me. They are all wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X