• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Come if you think you are hard enough"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    (for now - although who's to say the Government won't move the goalposts in future to save a few pennies on child support).
    WOHS.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Do it officially your safe financially but the child you sired could be a nutter......
    Yes it appears if you go through an agency, or make a formal arrangement with a married couple or civil partners you're safe (for now - although who's to say the Government won't move the goalposts in future to save a few pennies on child support).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Do it officially your safe financially but the child you sired could be a nutter......

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    he made a woman he met through an unofficial website pregnant
    Doing it with your eyes closed doesn't get you off the hook either.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You think in 20 years you'll get sued for passing on crap genes?
    Sigh ..

2013-07-13 Online sperm donor ordered to pay maintenance for child after judge rules he is the father

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's what the article claims, I haven't personally read the legislation. You think in 20 years you'll get sued for passing on crap genes?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    The laws that explicitly state you have no responsibility or right to find who you have sired, that they may find you but have no claim to you whatsoever.
    That may be what the clinic claims; but I doubt if it is "the law", even if donees are willing to sign something that irrevocably waives their rights to maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I suppose a cough might be part of the tests. But it doesn't count as a KUATB.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sorry pal, they don't do withdrawls.
    I rather think they do, otherwise it would be a pretty useless venture.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You also have to be barking mad, because who is to say a judge won't order you to pay maintenance for any offspring fathered by your sample.
    The laws that explicitly state you have no responsibility or right to find who you have sired, that they may find you but have no claim to you whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    *cough*

http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...ml#post2137993

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    In the UK you must be under 40 (I think) to be a sperm donor

You also have to be barking mad, because who is to say a judge won't order you to pay maintenance for any offspring fathered by your sample.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    9 donors accepted, many rejected. I'm semi-curious* to go, just to get a free sperm test

* yes that was deliberate
    Sorry pal, they don't do withdrawls.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    9 donors accepted, many rejected. I'm semi-curious* to go, just to get a free sperm test

* yes that was deliberate

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    started a topic Come if you think you are hard enough

Come if you think you are hard enough

UK's national sperm bank has just 9 registered donors | Daily Mail Online

National sperm bank has just NINE registered donors as boss plans to challenge men to 'prove their manhood'
    A year after it was established, UK's national sperm bank has 9 customers
    Chief executive Laura Witjens is set to unveil new promotional campaign
    She hopes to appeal to men's vanity in order to attract sperm donations
    No limit on donations to Europe. We could populate it with Cuk offspring. History will record the rise of 'General Land' or 'TPD Isle'

Working...
X