• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FTSE 100 crash soon."

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post
    Gold now somewhere near cost of production so should be a good buy.
    In Kapitalism that just means that children of the miners will have to eat less...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    This is good timing as I've just inherited £52k. Any brill. CUK ideas what to do with it?

Maybe vodka and massage parlours is the best option.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Watch the S&P/Dow to see where the FTSE is going.

Our fundamentals aren't that relevant on their own, US and China are the ones to watch.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Too soon for a crash, it'll be another 2 or 3 years, no excesses yet!! China is just a pullback, first of all we need to go through a commodities recovery, once oil prices are hitting 120, and interest rates are up, then the crash will come.
    You might be right about the timeframe, who knows. I don't think you're right about commodities though, as there's a supply glut and a demand vacuum and neither of those things are likely to pass soon. If China continues to meddle (one of several possible triggers), and they will of course, a crash could be precipitated much sooner than 2-3 years. Also, UK banks have enormous exposure to China (one of the highest exposures of any country in the world), putting aside HSBC and StanChart.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Too soon for a crash, it'll be another 2 or 3 years, no excesses yet!! China is just a pullback, first of all we need to go through a commodities recovery, once oil prices are hitting 120, and interest rates are up, then the crash will come.
    Oil is heading lower - maybe $40 a barrel.

Commodities are falling.

There are no more bricks for the pyramid.

That's the crash. 2017 feels right.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So are you buying any put options? Or selling FTSE on spread betting?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Maybe rise in interest rates and bond market / property crash as well. Possible Euro problems.

Could get very nasty. My guess is late September / early October.

Good job Gordon Brown sold off those gold reserves when he did, or we'd be worried about that as well.

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    Yes I'm feeling that there will be yet another dip in our dodecahedral dip recession

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Maybe rise in interest rates and bond market / property crash as well.

Could get very nasty.

Gold and Silver very cheap at moment.
    not going to see a rise in interest rates...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAccountant
    replied
    Maybe rise in interest rates and bond market / property crash as well. Possible Euro problems.

Could get very nasty. My guess is late September / early October.

Last edited by DodgyAccountant; 13 August 2015, 11:15.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Caused by China, Oil prices, global conflicts, recent exuberance, etc.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic FTSE 100 crash soon.

FTSE 100 crash soon.

I can feel it in me water.

Maybe 50% drop from 2015 highs. Probably a good buying opportunity soon.

Working...
X