• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to get the Boomers out of their homes"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Go back to the old system of having many people living in the same house. These clustered groups were known as "families", but were banned by Labour.
    More and more grown-up children are continuing to live with their parents, a trend which was well-known by the end of the last Labour government.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm liking the idea of sheds with beds.

The Wife™ has told me that I'm allowed a new shed.
    I've got my eye on a nice wingback chair, am thinking about getting an e-Pipe (I don't smoke tobacco) and one of these: 4L Copper Pot Still
    Having a bed in there would be a great addition.

I've been done for that.

It was many years ago when I was at Somerset College of Agriculture but we rigged one up deep in the bowels of the college one night and promptly got caught in flagrante by the matron.

Thought nothing more about it until I was hauled out of a lecture on "cricket wicket preparation" to come face to face with 2 representatives of Custom & Excise.

Silly old moo dropped us right in it.

Anyhow, some weeks later we were all "bound over to keep the peace" at Bridgwater Magistrates Court.

Funniest bit was afterwards when the old soak who did the court reports for the Bridgwater Mercury came over and asked if he could sample our "product".

Happy days

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    They said they didn't want to put their house at risk, but did it anyway.
    They were almost certainly told that it will be safe and they'll get lovely returns from that triple AAA junk they were sold, or very strong intimated to make them believe it.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I don't know why people think they can get money for nothing.

They said they didn't want to put their house at risk, but did it anyway.

Some people, tell them what they want to hear, will do silly thing to make it happen.

Then they are upset when it goes badly wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Greed was their downfall. Caveat Emptor.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I've got my eye on a nice wingback chair, am thinking about getting an e-Pipe (I don't smoke tobacco) and one of these: 4L Copper Pot Still
    Wives never go into their husband's sheds so install an illegal Russian lady (or DCR they're the cheapest) down there. Just make sure you have a gap in the hedge behind so she does not need to walk past the house. Worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by pangeakiller View Post

So they took an interest-only loan, remortgaged to take more money, invested in crap that not even MBAs can understand and claim mis-selling for their greed and stupidity!
    How dare you! They are innocent victims! Now, where's the compensation application form.......

Leave a comment:

• pangeakiller
    replied
    Typical click bait piece from DM.

So they took an interest-only loan, remortgaged to take more money, invested in crap that not even MBAs can understand and claim mis-selling for their greed and stupidity!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I'm liking the idea of sheds with beds.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Typical wail story. NTRT have suffered worse. And there are 2000 of us. When will the wail pick up our cause?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    So the bobs are the future then
    Yep, but not future, it's now.

'Sheds with beds' are London's modern day slums - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Go back to the old system of having many people living in the same house. These clustered groups were known as "families", but were banned by Labour.
    So the bobs are the future then

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alphadog
    replied
    1. Eliminate stamp duty so they can downsize and the young can move in tax free.

2. Consider instituting land tax to encourage efficient use of land.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Muppets

Leave a comment:

Working...
X