• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you keep your rate to yourself - or share it?"

Collapse

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Similar to me.
    Same as me

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikeoc1962 View Post
    A small group of friends and I share as we flip between contracts - good to know not being screwed.
    Similar to me.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ta. I must confess I wasn't very comfortable about finding out just how much more you all bill than me!
    Keep the rate quiet and you can set your bribe expectations (both in amount you will accept and the amount you are prepared to pay) accordingly.

Apparently.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Ta. I must confess I wasn't very comfortable about finding out just how much more you all bill than me!
    you saying you are cheap MS?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    No honestly I can't see why, declaration of interests maybe, but why would they want to know your rate
    It's to calculate an average that is used for various benchmarks.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 21 July 2015, 10:26.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    It's obvious, Shirley.
    No honestly I can't see why, declaration of interests maybe, but why would they want to know your rate

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Have they said why you need to declare your rate? Was it part of the T&C's when you stood for CC?
    It's obvious, Shirley.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Have they said why you need to declare your rate? Was it part of the T&C's when you stood for CC?

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Shirley you mean how much they say they bill?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Nay, it will go to one person, they average it up, remove top and bottom 2, and average is published - nothing else

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Do you keep your rate to yourself - or share it?

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    My wife knows my day rate.

And after this weekend, so will the IPSE board and CC members (I think).
    Nay, it will go to one person, they average it up, remove top and bottom 2, and average is published - nothing else

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I know the typical rate for a few on here but really don't care.
    the only time I've discussed rate with someone was recently when we would both have been at the same place before I take this contract rather than Microsoft
    Last edited by eek; 20 July 2015, 21:37.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    At least she's got a contract, you still on the bench?
    I am presently resting, yes.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    That low
    At least she's got a contract, you still on the bench?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    You mind your business and I'll mind my own thanks.
    That low

Leave a comment:

Working...
X