• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you keep your rate to yourself - or share it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I don't have a daily rate, so I cannot boast about it. But if I was to calculate it & turn it into a daily rate based on how contractors do it, it would be 3000 per day.

HTH

MF.
    3000 Indian rupees? or Drachma?

Oh wait, Cents....

Go shove your permie pipe up your arse and splash.

Comment

Everyone here seems to know my rate, I also see that my invoices (I am direct with current client) are on a share that anyone has access to. Put's a spring in your step when you earn more than anyone else in the office including top managers.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        Only her eyes were wide? That makes a change.
        I heard he isn't that big. NLYUK's girls call him Dim Shrimp, allegedly.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Everyone here seems to know my rate,
          How difficult is it to know what a Scot earns?! Or does Scotland have a different benefits structure that we aren't aware of?!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            How difficult is it to know what a Scot earns?! Or does Scotland have a different benefits structure that we aren't aware of?!
            We get free prescriptions and free University, all paid for by South of England, thanks again guys I know you are working 10 hour days down there but we do appreciate it.

Comment

Most of the bigger places they know what you are on anyways.

Comment

We get free prescriptions and free University, all paid for by South of England, thanks again guys I know you are working 10 hour days down there but we do appreciate it.
                Plus 5 hours commute by the sounds of it for most here.

Comment

So Scots have more time to enjoy the dark and the drich?
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

A small group of friends and I share as we flip between contracts - good to know not being screwed.

Comment

My wife knows my day rate.

And after this weekend, so will the IPSE board and CC members (I think).
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X