• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jeremy Corbyn announces £10bn plan to scrap university tuition fees"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    I don't think he's keen on big business either. Proper left-wingers aren't, they want to nationalise things.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well, duh. Left wing government wants to take more from the rich to support big business whilst keeping the proles in their place.. hardly a surprise.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    This economic masterplan seems to be somewhat reliant on taxing stuff.
    Well, duh. Left wing government wants to take more from the rich to support the poor... hardly a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Jezza, Jezza

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I reckon that man will win next elections - 'ave it Georgie

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Jeremy Corbyn will tax the wealthy as he unveils his economic masterplan

Originally posted by Telegraph
    As he soars 17 points ahead in the latest poll, Jeremy Corbyn is about to announce his plans to tax the wealthy as he sets out his economic plans. His plan will include:
    • Raise taxes on wealthier households and businesses
    • Massively reduce corporate tax relief and subsidies, and use the extra revenue to establish a National Investment Bank that will promote infrastructure upgrades and support innovation
    • A crackdown on tax avoidance and evasion, including stricter rules for small businesses
    • Reversing the cuts to staff in HMRC and at Companies house, to make it easier for HMRC to collect more taxes
    • Country-by-country reporting for multinational corporations
    This economic masterplan seems to be somewhat reliant on taxing stuff.

I wonder if the other 3 will merge their campaigns to stop his bandwagon?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    How dare you malign David Cameron like that?

The prime minister has praised the 1.4m individuals in the UK who have ditched the comfort of a regular wage to go freelance.

Cameron should have added "With our trousers down and a can of lube at the ready."

" this Government is getting right behind them.""
    Well, he isn't lying about it. Just not telling the whole truth...

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Bradford
    Blimey everyone must think you're an MI5 agent there

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Out of interest - where in the UK do you live?
    Bradford

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Actually we do not. My point is if there is anything to feel guilty about then it needs to be proven rather than assumed. I think we British have far more to be proud of than ashamed of and we do not owe anything to the rest of the world. That includes any right to live here.
    Out of interest - where in the UK do you live?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    We agree[emoji79][emoji106][emoji133][emoji133][emoji133][emoji133][emoji133]
    Actually we do not. My point is if there is anything to feel guilty about then it needs to be proven rather than assumed. I think we British have far more to be proud of than ashamed of and we do not owe anything to the rest of the world. That includes any right to live here.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    We should hand them straight to the Germans and cut out the middle man
    We agree[emoji79][emoji106][emoji133][emoji133][emoji133][emoji133][emoji133]

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Here's some marble we should be giving back;

The Elgin Marbles - Top 10 Plundered Artifacts - TIME
    We should hand them straight to the Germans and cut out the middle man

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Here's some marble we should be giving back;

http://content.time.com/time/special...883001,00.html

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Balls!

I'm saying the jewel entrusted, marble floored greatness beauty and wonder of the UK has in part come from the exploitation of our empire. Said former subjects of said empire want to migrate here (because it is nice), and maybe MAYBE we should be more welcoming. That is my generalisation, or rather my moral question! Do I personally feel guilty; no. But I have migrant DNA so maybe I don't see the sweeping generalisation that migrants are bad.
    I think you will find that building materials used in the UK have been paid for. Who said migrants are bad?

Talking of bejewelled marble palaces do you mean like this? Inside the crumbling palaces of Africa

Leave a comment:

Working...
X