• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Kanye West

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kanye West"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    just as I tell my teenagers.

Ah Rap music, music that starts with a silent C.
    I feel much the same way. As to

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I see you have a very narrow definition of music. Melody isn't even required for it to be music in many cultures.

I hardly think you know much about rap music if you think it is mono-syllabic; the intricacies of the language is the key feature.
    That may be the case for a small minority of so called rap (I doubt it), but the rest is just drivel. Quite honestly if you feel (c)rap "music" has any value then there's no hope for you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Eminem was not too bad I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    And not forgetting proper rap

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    My favourite

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony & Phil Collins-Home - vidéo dailymotion

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Real rap...

(I will admit to having a fondness for the last one, I actually know all the words and have the 12" remix which is the DBs )

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I don't mind a bit of Kanye West music, luckily I don't take lyrics too seriously.

But the man himself seems to be a bit of an arse.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    If you are prepared to include monosyllabic semi-literate gibberish under the bracket of "music" of course.
    Which is a leap too far for anyone with an ear for melody.
    just as I tell my teenagers.

Ah Rap music, music that starts with a silent C.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Kanye is a great rap artist but only if you like modern rap (same for JZ I guess). Not really best-suited to Glastonbury but rap is a massive part of popular English music these days.
    He makes Goldie Lookin Chain sound like lyrical geniuses, they're 10 times the rap star he'd ever be and they're only a comedy act rather a proper band

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

And the new messiah ought to take care that someone doesn't nail him to something woody.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Kanye West = Arrogant pr!ck, end of.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    the intricacies of the language is the key feature.
    “So if the devil wear Prada
    Adam, Eve wear nada
    I’m in between but way more fresher”
    “Man, I promise, I’m so self-conscious
    That’s why you always see me with at least one of my watches
    Rollies and Pashas done drove me crazy
    I can’t even pronounce nothing, pass that Ver-say-see”
    “So yeah, at the Grammys I went ultra Travolta
    Yeah, that tuxedo might have been a little Guido
    But with my ego I can stand there in a Speedo
    And be looked at like a ******** hero”
    Now whilst I can readily accept that banal nonsense like this might appeal to someone that accepts the existence of imaginary friends, please don't try to suggest that it is something that ought to be embraced and lauded by those of us with an IQ higher than our shoe size.
    I am sure John Lennon is spinning in his grave at the challenge posed by "Kanye" and his deep meaningful prose.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    If you are prepared to include monosyllabic semi-literate gibberish under the bracket of "music" of course.
    I see you have a very narrow definition of music. Melody isn't even required for it to be music in many cultures.

I hardly think you know much about rap music if you think it is mono-syllabic; the intricacies of the language is the key feature.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    but rap is a massive part of popular English music these days.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Kanye is a great rap artist but only if you like modern rap (same for JZ I guess). Not really best-suited to Glastonbury but rap is a massive part of popular English music these days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X