• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Women's world cup

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women's world cup"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Can you imagine the French redefining their whole language to remove all the 'le' and 'la'
    Non

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But not wives.

Women's football has some way to go before it reaches the same level as men's football. Level of corruption, that is.

I think beating Germany more than makes up for not getting to beat the yanks.
    Only because there is no money in it yet .....

Kirby, 22, scored England's first goal of the Women's World Cup in the 2-1 win over Mexico as the Lionesses went on to finish third overall.

Chelsea have made a bid for the only player in England's squad to currently play in Women's Super League 2.

City and Arsenal are also interested with the transfer deadline falling on Thursday.

It is understood that Kirby, who is contracted with Reading until 2018, could attract a record transfer fee of between £40,000 and £60,000.
    As far as the tweet about the women, it's not like they were saying 'it's back to the washing and ironing'. It's not like gender neutrality is compulsory (yet) and what kind of language would we have if it was. The courts would be full of people making a slip of the tongue and saying sister instead of sibling, daughter instead of child or offspring.

People need to lighten up. Can you imagine the French redefining their whole language to remove all the 'le' and 'la'

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Japan v England.
    Match report with a difference

World Cup report: England v Japan
    For some reason I was reading that in the voice of Matt Berry.

qh

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Back to being proper wimmin. Quite right too.
    But not wives.

Women's football has some way to go before it reaches the same level as men's football. Level of corruption, that is.

I think beating Germany more than makes up for not getting to beat the yanks.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Back to being proper wimmin. Quite right too.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Japan v England.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27-...ngland-v-japan
    Excellent stuff. That guy should be given a years free subscription to CUK and 10 sockie accounts to play with.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Japan v England.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27-...ngland-v-japan

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Gazza sends Laura Bassett set of plastic breasts

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    If you want to wind people up you need to do something less obvious.

Try posting about AGW....

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    <cough>

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    <cough>

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I see sexism is alive and well on CUK, no change there then along with all the other 'isms
    You ignored my "back to the ironing board" comment! Waaah!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    When they dived, did their boobs help them bounce off the pitch?
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Their men will be very pleased to have some proper food and a clean home, at last!
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Kudos to the management though, 11 women in the same place wearing the same outfit and no punch ups
    I see sexism is alive and well on CUK, no change there then along with all the other 'isms

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Kudos to the management though, 11 women in the same place wearing the same outfit and no punch ups

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Interesting that in the 2 semi finals there were 4 penalties and 3 of which were 'very' questionable although Sepp Blatter was nowhere to be seen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X