• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has some of you succeeded into bigger business from contracting?"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh, they can. Politicians, senior managers, end-users, moderators...
    Fair point, OK well maybe, just maybe he's an example of the worst of those a Politician (I'd never be so low to call anyone a forum mod).

Entertaining that he's doing a fake flounce

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Have you even seen his reply ? I'm done with this retarded forum . Bunch of morons .
    No come back. You fit in well.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    ... no-one real can be as astoundingly arrogant, ignorant and downright stupid...
    Oh, they can. Politicians, senior managers, end-users, moderators...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Have you even seen his reply ? I'm done with this retarded forum . Bunch of morons .
    Well there is one moron on this thread - The person I'm replying to... you won't be missed...

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Why on earth are you insulting one of the few people who bother to reply to your inane stupid threads... Remember many of us have been contractors on and off for 20 odd years while you haven't even started yet.

i'll ignore the fact your skill set is utterly offshorable...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    It's not an insult, it's clearly another in the endless line of sockie ID's that's following the predictable path. God forbid it's not a real poster, no-one real can be as astoundingly arrogant, ignorant and downright stupid.

To Scruff - I think it was me, but the response is typical of a behaviour we're familiar with from certain posters in the Professional sections, just the rattling of the sock drawer handles.
    True I should have said attacking rather than insulting.

The only reason why I don't think he is a sockie is that his english is so poor I can't work out who could run a sockie like that...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Why on earth are you insulting one of the few people who bother to reply to your inane stupid threads... Remember many of us have been contractors on and off for 20 odd years while you haven't even started yet.

It's not an insult, it's clearly another in the endless line of sockie ID's that's following the predictable path. God forbid it's not a real poster, no-one real can be as astoundingly arrogant, ignorant and downright stupid.

To Scruff - I think it was me, but the response is typical of a behaviour we're familiar with from certain posters in the Professional sections, just the rattling of the sock drawer handles.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You have a problem with my posts idiot? Do you think I want to read your stupid comments ? Go blow yourself and don't read it if you don't like it

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    You have a problem with my posts idiot? Do you think I want to read your stupid comments ? Go blow yourself and don't read it if you don't like it
    Who pissed on your chips, this morning?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is that your retirement plan ?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Go blow yourself and don't read it if you don't like it
    That needs a combination of three things:

1. Spineless
    2. Ribless
    3. Fatless tummy

I think Tyke boy only satisfies the first condition

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Wonderful, you should set out and do it now.

I recommend you start employing managers, directors and staff and get say £500k in startup funding from your bank. Go for it, what can possibly go wrong for such an awesome individual as yourself?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Hi, that question bothers me since the first thought about contracting I started plaguing CUK.
    Why in hells name do I create all these unimaginative, irritating, dull sockpuppets?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    The one thing WordIsBond missed out is that it also requires moving away from agents to either direct sells by yourself, paying someone to do it or networking...

Looking at the non agency things I'm looking at for the longer term its a lot of work with no immediate only potential income, long lead times, requires building partnerships and has upfront costs...

The tender I'm currently working on (its a long term project ) is going to cost me £2k to get properly prepared... And that is money I need to spend on a 20% chance of getting the work...
    Last edited by eek; 20 June 2015, 08:34.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Yes, I made it real big by contracting with other contractors' wives/GFs/mistresses when the said contractors were away from home for weeks.

In fact I made it so big that the business made mine too big to handle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjnGsz3djiM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X