• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What were you good at when you were younger ?"

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    I used to be good at Rugby playing in the school team, but then got into Kayaking all because some women I fancied did it, and then started taking sport more competitively entering the Devizes to Westminster marathon a few times until injury stopped me in my tracks

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Masturbation. Sigh.
    I think a few posters believe you have 'still got it!'

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    able to spot rare locomotives at 400 yards.
    Alas nowadays, all locomotives are rare by their very nature. :

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Pottery -as in throwing pots on a potters wheel.
    I made some lovely stuff.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I used to be brilliant at sex, start to finish in a couple of minutes.

Now it takes me hours to reach the end point.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Table tennis ! Was also half decent at footie but drugs, alcohol and dirty tarts put paid to that.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    me....martial arts, in particular paper folding, a pink belt in origami, my ability to fold water bombs and fighter planes was notorius.

Later on train spotting, where even if I say so myself, I was particularly talented, able to spot rare locomotives at 400 yards.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I was a truly fantastic drummer, the best break I had was to have a formal training on the snare drum for 2 years between 11 and 13. Podemskis snare drum method is the bible.

Between 15 and 20 I was putting in 4 hours a day practice, then life got in the way. Don't have the full on wrist strength now and the older you get the slower you get. I'm still tulip hot though.

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    General balance and control on a BMX. Could balance indefinitely without going forward just by adjusting tilt and using front brakes, stand on front tyre, ride it up 4/5 steps etc.

Some of it comes back to me now but it doesn't quite look as cool a 12 stone bloke on an old mountain bike.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Fourier surfaces. I had a complete understanding of them when I did the end of semester assignment. Couldn't remember how to do them at all when studying for the exam four months later. I suppose I should have gone to my tutor at that point, but I was young and stupid.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    First in ART in my school year aged 12 and I made it on Tony Hart's Gallery.

oh I came over all NAT then, sorry!

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Got to Grade 5 on the Viola. I was a first violin in the school orchestra when the school acquired two violas and me and another musician were told to transfer over because we had the longest arms in the string section. A mixed blessing, there's very little written for viola and ensemble parts tend to be an afterthought (we were always the ones going rest-cha-cha rest-cha-cha in the waltzes) On the other hand, there is permanent shortage of viola players and I got into the local combined schools orchestra, for which Grade 8 was the usual minimum, which was an experience….

Nowadays, a bit of MIDI composition and air bass guitar playing ….

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Masturbation. Sigh.
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Chess, pool & karate. I don't do them anymore.

On the plus side, I'm a cracking good foosball player, better than when I was younger.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    I was an ace chess player at school.

But then at uni I encountered players who could defend, wait for a slip then pick me off. I lost interest when I realised I wasn't invincible.
    So was I, I forgot about that. I won the first-year championship. Chess didn't involve kicking a ball around on a field though, so that was that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X