• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gay Cakes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gay Cakes"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It is not the fact I support their decision.
    It is more the insidious tendrils of a society where people must trade whether they wish to or not.
    Even with Jews?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Mine are over contract terms.
    It is not the fact I support their decision.
    It is more the insidious tendrils of a society where people must trade whether they wish to or not.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They had a photo on the BBC but it seems to have gone. From memory it had Bert & Ernie with "Support Gay Marriage" at the top and the name of some group Queer-something-or-other in the bottom.

They've agreed they'll do a cake now, but they've adapted the design a bit.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Indeed probably the same thread I said it in earlier.

OK so on a different note those of you who run ltd's do you feel the need to justify why you turn a contract down?
    Mine are over contract terms.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Glad to see you're showing your usual intelligence and insight, responding to a resurrected thread...
    Indeed probably the same thread I said it in earlier.

OK so on a different note those of you who run ltd's do you feel the need to justify why you turn a contract down?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Wrong decision.

As we have been through before as a business owner you have a right to do business with who you choose.

It is not a state run cake shop so the state can **** off
    Glad to see you're showing your usual intelligence and insight, responding to a resurrected thread...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Wrong decision.

As we have been through before as a business owner you have a right to do business with who you choose.

Do shop owners have the right to put up No Jews signs or must they be more discrete?

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    All of them that own corner shops around here sell alcohol.
    And drink a lot of it too, I suspect, but not at prayer time.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Wrong decision.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm sure you could get such a cake made in Glasgow if it's for a special occasion.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I prefer Coffee and Walnut, but whatever floats your boat.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Are they the new hosts of GBBO?
    No, that's Jack Dee and Dara O Briain, or Sadman and Begorrah.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Sodom and Gomorrah
    Are they the new hosts of GBBO?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    'Gay cake' appeal: Christian bakers Ashers lose appeal - BBC News

Sodom and Gomorrah

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Has this one been done?

Southend gay man wins damages over homophobic gestures

When Tim left the shop, the man serving him - Peter Edwards - blew a sarcastic kiss at him.
    When I heard the story on the radio, it definitely said he also did a "Teapot" stance, winked at him and did a limp wrist gesture too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X