• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Officially pointless to vote UKIP"

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    He's not racist, just doesn't like foreigners much, a bit xenophobic perhaps and a committed Tory at heart
    I'm with Ripley burn all the face huggers, down with xenomorphs!

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    I doubt he has a personal dislike of them. This is very much policy driven by a voter concern they picked up on.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Ah, the 'racist' bludgeon. Opportunistic maybe, but this accusation is probably the hollowest of them all.

UKIP will probably start pushing for a shift to a PR system for the next GE. I don't imagine them offering exit with no referendum as it is not their angle.
    He's not racist, just doesn't like foreigners much, a bit xenophobic perhaps and a committed Tory at heart

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And I'm sure mummy told you you were a good little soldier.
    The only difference is my Mummy told the truth

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    We were told we were an equal partner in a family of nations...
    And I'm sure mummy told you you were a good little soldier.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We were told we were an equal partner in a family of nations so our view is equal to the others. Call Me Dave doesn't really want to leave the EU so will use this to stay in the EU in the event of England voting to come out.
    I don't think he gets the choice. We have a union-wide referendum. This isn't something which is devolved, it's as simple as that.

Why do you think of us as bit-part members of the union?
    Just for light relief.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's amusing people don't trust Dave to hold a referendum as promised, but do trust Nigel when he says their plans are costed and that's he's not a massive racist.
    Ah, the 'racist' bludgeon. Opportunistic maybe, but this accusation is probably the hollowest of them all.

UKIP will probably start pushing for a shift to a PR system for the next GE. I don't imagine them offering exit with no referendum as it is not their angle.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    That's not how it works, as much as the leaders of the bit-part members of the unions clamour about "separate referenda", although it would give us a way to get rid of you rather than wait for you to grow the stones to do it yourselves.
    We were told we were an equal partner in a family of nations so our view is equal to the others. Call Me Dave doesn't really want to leave the EU so will use this to stay in the EU in the event of England voting to come out.

Why do you think of us as bit-part members of the union?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Even if he holds one this time, he won't be able to drag all 4 countries out of the EU if only 1 votes for it. Otherwise he will break up the UK and that would be a disaster. Oh, wait...
    That's not how it works, as much as the leaders of the bit-part members of the unions clamour about "separate referenda", although it would give us a way to get rid of you rather than wait for you to grow the stones to do it yourselves.

Originally posted by Euler View Post
    But you can trust Nige, dontcha know.
    He's like us, he has a pint down the pub.
    So does your builder, and you wouldn't trust him

Leave a comment:

• Euler
    replied
    It's amusing people don't trust Dave to hold a referendum as promised, but do trust Nigel when he says their plans are costed and that's he's not a massive racist.
    But you can trust Nige, dontcha know.
    He's like us, he has a pint down the pub.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Dave isn't very good on his promises for referendii. This from before the last election:

David Cameron admits Lisbon treaty referendum campaign is over | Politics | The Guardian

Confirming a complete U-turn on his "cast iron guarantee" that a Tory government would hold a public vote on the controversial treaty, the party chief said the Czech Republic's decision to ratify the agreement meant he could "no more hold a referendum on the treaty than ... a referendum on the sun rising in the morning."

Even if he holds one this time, he won't be able to drag all 4 countries out of the EU if only 1 votes for it. Otherwise he will break up the UK and that would be a disaster. Oh, wait...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
    I believe you are a massive troll
    An anti-UKIP troll? Making controversial statements that most people agree with? Are you new to the internet?

Leave a comment:

• Avalonia
    replied
    I believe you are a massive troll

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Euler
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post

UKIP aren't the answer, but until the wonks in power change protest is the only power we have
    Protest will give you a Labour government with no refrendum.
    Now I don't trust politicians either, but I don't think Dave will be able to get away with not having one, if he has a majority.
    He's had to promise it, not because of UKIP, but because of the strong clique in the Tory party who are against the EU.
    They won't stand for his ( or any successor) renegeing on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X