• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Death Penalty in the USA"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Never read it, I am waiting for the film to come out
    I can just imagine it

1. King Herod has a British accent.
    2. Moses is an American Beefcake.
    3. David is armed with a Sig.
    4. Goliath is wearing a Burkah.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Good call. They call it 'the good book' but I thought it was rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's "shalt" in the King James Version.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Why is it every time I post I end up at top of page 3? Must stop taking my bra off before posting.
    news in Briefs - Xoggy believes the pressures the Euro forces on certain countries make squirrels look sexy.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Why is it every time I post I end up at top of page 3? Must stop taking my bra off before posting.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Another possible problem is that juries may be less willing to convict. Some won't want a death on their conscience, especially if they have even a little doubt about guilt.

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Thou shall
    feck it

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Some say the threat of the death penalty causes more deaths, if you think you might get caught raping someone, you might as well kill them so they can't help catch you
    That's true no matter what the penalty is. But if you get the death penalty for one murder, having killed one person you have nothing to lose by going on a killing spree.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    If the death penalty worked as a deterrent then there would not be so many murders in the USA. The best deterrent is detection of the perpetrators.
    You have to detect the perpetrators to be able to give them the death penalty. By your own logic detection of the perpetrators doesn't work as a deterrent as there would not be so many murders if it did.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    If the death penalty worked as a deterrent then there would not be so many murders in the USA. The best deterrent is detection of the perpetrators.
    Some say the threat of the death penalty causes more deaths, if you think you might get caught raping someone, you might as well kill them so they can't help catch you

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    Thow shalt not kill.
    Thou shall

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Thow shalt not kill.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Or possibly if it wasn't for the death penalty, the murder rate in the US would be even higher.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Vote Ukip: Bringing back the death penalty | News | Law Society Gazette

Chief among these supporters is UKIP deputy leader Paul Nuttall, UKIP MEP for the north-west of England. He wants the death penalty introduced for child murderers, serial killers and those who murder police officers. Nuttall stresses that it is UKIP’s policy to hold a referendum on controversial issues which gain the support of 5% of the population.
    In 2011, Nuttall signed a petition on the Downing Street website launched by political blogger Guido Fawkes which had the aim of attracting the necessary 100,000 signatures to trigger a debate. As he pointed out at the time, a YouGov poll found that 62% of people would support the death penalty for child murder and 65% for serial murder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X