• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clarkson sacked by the BBC"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is it true that the top gear replacement presenters are called Milliband, Clegg and Farage?
    Oh dear. Lifting a line directly from Graham Norton on his intro from the British Academy TV Awards. Cringe....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Is it true that the top gear replacement presenters are called Milliband, Clegg and Farage?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I read that as well as his divorce and his mother dying, he also was told he might have cancer after discovering a lump on his tongue. Not that it excuses anything, but you can understand why somebody under that much stress might lose their temper.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It's no wonder our hospitals are overcrowded

I mean who goes to hospital because they got a thick lip...

country is going to the dogs I tell you.
    Wuss, Clarkson should have tw@tted the jessie again!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Or maybe it's a condition of their insurance that any injury that results in bleeding needs to be seen to by a qualified person who probably wouldn't have been sat around the hotel on the off chance.
    goddamit man

it's lunch time I did not want a logical discussion...

but why would the insurance company care - unless the spoon fed mummies boy tw@ was going to sue cos someone gave him a thick lip.

ffs

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Or maybe it's a condition of their insurance that any injury that results in bleeding needs to be seen to by a qualified person who probably wouldn't have been sat around the hotel on the off chance.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

An internal investigation found Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack" that resulted in swelling and bleeding to his lip.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    He is doing Have I Got News For You this Friday, his contract hasn't been terminated, its just not been renewed, but as a freelancer he is more than free to negotiate other freelance work on an as is basis
    No he isn't...

Jeremy Clarkson pulls out of Have I Got News For You - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Interesting but in that article it says

So he just had his contract terminated but is able to do one off shows????
    He is doing Have I Got News For You this Friday, his contract hasn't been terminated, its just not been renewed, but as a freelancer he is more than free to negotiate other freelance work on an as is basis

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Has the Clarkson, may, Hammond Netflix show been announced yet?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

They did not renew his contract which is quite different to it being terminated. it was also very convenient for both parties because it means it will be easier for him to return.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

When asked whether the door was open for Clarkson to return, she said: "It's serious and unfortunate what happened, but there's no ban on Jeremy being on the BBC."

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    The Beeb needs someone perceived as non-PC if they want to replace Clarkson. Trouble is, they don't have anyone like that.
    Nigel Farage might be available soon

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Unseen Top Gear footage will be screened this year, BBC says - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Nah they are just misogynistic dicks who are not representative of top gear fans

:-P
    Oddly though MF is quite representative of CUK posters.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X