• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are we drinking this weekend?"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Whatever wines they serve us at the meals for grub club.

Looking forward to tonight's meal as the Sommelier knows her stuff and there will be some awesome wine pairings.

Sunday am going to a tasting at a friends and he's opening Chateaux Haut Brion 1964 La Grand Rue and Vosne Romanee 1988 Domaine Lamarche
    Well I thought it was just going to be the above wines, but we kicked off with a '93 Dom Perignon, next was a 2005 Cristal, and in no particular order a 2000 Fagus garnacha, 2008 corton grand cru, 2007 Gran reserva Rioja, 1996 Echezeaux Grand Cru, 2004 Batard Montrachet, 2009 Volnay, 2006 Chambertin Grand Cru, 1970 Sauternes and then topped off with a snifter of 1993 Marc de Bourgogne. Bit of (wine)geeky afternoon.

Surprised I'm still alive this morning and I still have to write up the review of Saturday's grub club dinner on the blog.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by RoastedSlopes View Post
    Can one of the admins/moderators please ban this weirdo from trolling me please.
    Done!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by RoastedSlopes View Post
    Can one of the admins/moderators please ban this weirdo from trolling me please.
    You could stop creating sockies, then it wouldn't happen

Sloshing back a nice Cabernet Sauvignon that I got from Tesco for £7, it went rather well with the roast topside I had for tea

Leave a comment:

• RoastedSlopes
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Aussielong, the very often banned.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Who's sockie is this?
    Aussielong, the very often banned.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Watching the rugger (come on England!!!!!) supping Broadside

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Currently sipping on some bolly courtesy of cojak while watching the rugby.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Sounds nice but quite expensive. For that price you can drink a pint of Pilsner Urquell in Bratislava
    Of course, but where's the fun in that!

This particular recipe uses over double the amount of malts and hops than most of my normal strength recipes (30p/pint) - and it's surprisingly better than the stuff they serve in pubs and bottles.

My turnover is around 46 bottles (23 litres) a time so I can't get better economies of scale than that unless I upgrade my kit. But then I'd have to sell the beer, because even though I love it, even I couldn't drink it all!

Leave a comment:

• RoastedSlopes
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Looking forward to tonight's meal as the Sommelier knows her stuff and there will be some awesome wine pairings.

Sunday am going to a tasting at a friends and he's opening Chateaux Haut Brion 1964 La Grand Rue and Vosne Romanee 1988 Domaine Lamarche
    Tasted a 1996 Haut Brion against some other top drawer wines back in 2013, the 1997 Ridge Monte Bello won that day. but the HB still had some good levels of acidity and fruit but was mainly tertiary aromas and flavours.

Be interested in hearing about your tasting of the HB and how it is holding up

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Doog, me ol' mucker, this is a recipe that was online from a homebrew site. I've used the actual ingredients (grains, malts, yeasts, boiling hops etc) to produce a stunningly great beer, of similar quality to the commercial brand. At 90p/pint, it's fantastic! And so say many people. Makes a good Xmas pressie as well.
    Sounds nice but quite expensive. For that price you can drink a pint of Pilsner Urquell in Bratislava

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Doog, me ol' mucker, this is a recipe that was online from a homebrew site. I've used the actual ingredients (grains, malts, yeasts, boiling hops etc) to produce a stunningly great beer, of similar quality to the commercial brand. At 90p/pint, it's fantastic! And so say many people. Makes a good Xmas pressie as well.
    Sounds great. I've yet to try homebrew, I'd always assumed I'd do an ale but being able to brew 'proper lager' - or something like corona - would be ace.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    That wouldn't be The Black Bull in Margaretting would it? If so, then its been there for at least 35 years
    Lord Denmam, Dagenham Heathway.

Which probably ain't even there any more.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    That Sheep Dip's as ruff as f**ck. Been the same bottle behind the bar of my local for nigh on 20 years. One taste of that & you never go back.
    That wouldn't be The Black Bull in Margaretting would it? If so, then its been there for at least 35 years

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Cardinal Mendoza has tipped up with El Gran Duque de Alba would you believe it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X