• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No more annual tax return"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Or maybe will be part automatic and part manual to cut down the unnecessary stuff. Beats me why I have to fill in details of state pension, the state should already have that info at least.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Note from that DT link it says:

HM Revenue and Customs will automatically collate the tax affairs of millions of Britons from employers, banks and investment firms into a single “digital” tax account which can be checked at any time online
    But what about the people who earn money from occasional projects and, like my sister, are honest enough to declare it on the tax return? How will HMRC get that info automatically unless companies have to show every single payment they have made to anybody? Think we can geuss:

HM Revenue and Customs will automatically collate the tax affairs of millions of Britons from employers, banks and investment firms and everyone's personal bank accounts into a single “digital” tax account which can be checked at any time online
    FTFY Osbourne!

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by convict View Post
    So this is the first step for all income to be made to an account linked to your UTR, then they DD you what's left after your deemed tax bill is calculated...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• convict
    replied
    So this is the first step for all payments to be made to an account linked to your UTR, then they DD you what's left...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Yep, you can do that for most things including income tax, corporation tax and VAT. HMRC use total rolling figures to ensure amounts are paid..

You do know I was being vexatious. But I accept that its both a long, difficult word (well beyond your comprehension skills) and the concept is difficult to grasp (and beyond your mental capabilities)
    Well now you are just being a

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It isn't an issue for corp tax as you can pay in more than one instalment and have been able to do so for years.
    Yep, you can do that for most things including income tax, corporation tax and VAT. HMRC use total rolling figures to ensure amounts are paid..

You do know I was being vexatious. But I accept that its both a long, difficult word (well beyond your comprehension skills) and the concept is difficult to grasp (and beyond your mental capabilities)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Tax returns are abolished just announced.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It isn't an issue for corp tax as you can pay in more than one instalment and have been able to do so for years.
    It's still an issue for s obviously

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    HSBC's is £10k.... Which granted isn't an issue for quarterly VAT but is for Corporation Tax...

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    HSBC's is £10k.... Which granted isn't an issue for quarterly VAT but is for Corporation Tax...
    So don't use HSBC.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Santander's daily limit is £100k.

Meaning I'd need a quarterly VATable turnover of £500k to breach that limit.

If your company is turning over that much, what the f*** are you doing pissing about on here all day??

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    So your turnover is so low that the quarterly VAT amount doesn't hit your banks daily transfer limits:
    Santander's daily limit is £100k.

Meaning I'd need a quarterly VATable turnover of £500k to breach that limit.

If your company is turning over that much, what the f*** are you doing pissing about on here all day??

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So the benefit of the direct debit saves you having to remember to pay it. But you still have to remember to do the return. Got it. OK.

I just do the return, and pay it at the same time. Usually the last day it is due. Then no need for a direct debit. Viv la difference eh?
    So your turnover is so low that the quarterly VAT amount doesn't hit your banks daily transfer limits:

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    There's always got be some bad news, hasn't there?
    Speak for yourself - I'm legit! At least for the next couple of hours...

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    clamping down on tax evasion and accountants that assist.
    There's always got be some bad news, hasn't there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X