• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is it about Take Away Delivery Drivers"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I had one delivery guy asked me why the curtains had been closed the last couple of times 'because he liked to look into my magnificent front room'

and last week a different guy admired my kitchen 'it's so big and lovely'

no its not. you turd. now drop me curry and ***** the ***** off you f** *****

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Yes, the hefty tax on your meager salary and none on dividends, if I may say so!
    The hefty tax on my company profits

Not sure in which decade you went to the Uni, so cannot comment on how updated you are about the subject.
    Very.

Wonderful attitude.
    It's true. The "everyone should go to university" dogma is partly why the government is no longer able to subsidise university fees in the same way.

I doubt you tip the girl on the till at Tesco, why should delivery drivers be able to send kids to uni but not her?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I pay taxes on my income to support the state.
    Yes, the hefty tax on your meager salary and none on dividends, if I may say so!

Any you don't need to support your kids, they can get a lovely loan
    Not sure in which decade you went to the Uni, so cannot comment on how updated you are about the subject.

And they probably shouldn't be going to uni, too many people are.
    Wonderful attitude.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    And how do you know if they are working to send their kids to university?
    I pay taxes on my income to support the state.

Any you don't need to support your kids, they can get a lovely loan And they probably shouldn't be going to uni, too many people are.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    So what? I doubt they spent years at university and worked hard to become highly skilled.
    £12+/hr for driving about is pretty high.
    And how do you know if they are working to send their kids to university?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Compared to your day rate ... ?!
    So what? I doubt they spent years at university and worked hard to become highly skilled.
    £12+/hr for driving about is pretty high.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    you do know what these drivers do to your food on the way to your home? And you still eat it?
    How do you know what they do unless it's your side job?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    That's only if you ask for the special sauce
    they give the special sauce to Woohoo regardless, they know his wife likes it.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    you do know what these drivers do to your food on the way to your home? And you still eat it?
    That's only if you ask for the special sauce

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    I generally don't tip delivery drivers, I didn't really think it was the etiquette in the UK. If he gets a quid off each delivery he could be making more on tips than his wage!

Plus, I feel takeaways are too expensive these days. Ordering a curry costs as much as going to a restaurant, or more!
    Always remember going to Disney years ago. Walking around Pleasure Island and they had stalls selling beer. If I remember it was $3 for a beer (shows how long ago it was).
    Guy was there flipping the lids off probably doing 1 a minute minimum.

Gave him $5 note. He was well cheesed off when I stuck out for hand for the change! Most people just let him keep it.
    Bollox was I pay some fella probably $100+ per hour for flipping a lid off the bottle.

Service in a restaurant fair enough but this was nuts.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00J82H80RKM

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I generally don't tip delivery drivers, I didn't really think it was the etiquette in the UK. If he gets a quid off each delivery he could be making more on tips than his wage!

Plus, I feel takeaways are too expensive these days. Ordering a curry costs as much as going to a restaurant, or more!
    Compared to your day rate ... ?!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Could be worse considering some of the movies I've watched ;-)

:$

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yes, I think it was PG Tips

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Was it Tommy Cooper that used to stuff a tea bag into taxi drivers etc top pocket and say 'Here, have a drink on me...'

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I order on justeat and mostly theres a delivery charge. Mrs then still gives the guy £2.... :-(

Leave a comment:

Working...
X