• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "International Polar Bear Day"

Collapse

• pjclarke
    replied
    Now you have to cling to a warm record in a village in the Rockies with a temperature record that extends back 15 years.
    In response to Paddy's post. Duh.

There was a time you could point to a nice global (note the term global) warming graph.
    Plus ca change ...

Or maybe

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    What was it, that Al Gore said? perhaps you could repeat it (yet again)
    Well it was nothing like what you claimed, that's for sure. Repeating it would be an exercise in futility; you've started to believe your own BS.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    This really is a sign of desperation.

There was a time you could point to a nice global (note the term global) warming graph.

Now you have to cling to a warm record in a village in the Rockies with a temperature record that extends back 15 years.

This is a nice photo:

It's a recent photo of Niagra Falls.

What was it, that Al Gore said? perhaps you could repeat it (yet again)
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 February 2015, 15:29.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    We get 1 % rise in temperature and out pops PJ Proby from under his stone

Just remember it is not about climate change it is about controlling human behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    In January, U.S. Saw Vastly More Daily Warm Records Than Cold Records. February, Too. | ThinkProgress

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Deep freeze causes pipes to burst across Triangle | abc11.com

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    No. The Postal Charge hypothesis has been discredited. Its Pirates.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    It's all about context. statistics in themselves proof nothing

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Al gore said there was a 75% chance of an ice free Pole
    Anyone following this thread and with basic reading skills can see that's not right.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    but surely comparing 2 individual years is meaningless?
    Of course it is. But, given the facts, its all he can do. In big bold letters.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Al gore said there was a 75% chance of an ice free Pole, and in 2014, and I will emphasise this

IN 2014 THERE WAS MORE ICE THAN IN 2009

I love statements like that...smacks of losing the argument.

I am trying to avoig getting dragged into the never ending AGW debate - but surely comparing 2 individual years is meaningless?

I wish sas was here to explain...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Al gore said there was a 75% chance of an ice free Pole, and in 2014, and I will emphasise this

IN 2014 THERE WAS MORE ICE THAN IN 2009

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Fool.
    I love statements like that...smacks of losing the argument.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Check out Al Gore....

Al Gore in his own words

I'm sure you probably agree with him.

Enjoy
    Fool. One video deleted, in the other, from 2009, Gore says

Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,
    Not a firm prediction, and not for 2013. The best you can do? Try again. We'll wait.

In his Nobel acceptance speech, after the rate of decline accelerated sharply (see PIOMAS above), Gore did say ....

Last September 21 (2007), as the Northern Hemisphere tilted away from the sun, scientists reported with unprecedented distress that the North Polar ice cap is "falling off a cliff." One study estimated that it could be completely gone during summer in less than 22 years. Another new study, to be presented by U.S. Navy researchers later this week, warns it could happen in as little as 7 years.
    So, as ever, what he said was backed up by the science as it stood at the time.

Not the tabloids.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...59S3LT20091029

Arctic Sea Ice and Al Gore's "Prediction 2013"
    Last edited by pjclarke; 27 February 2015, 13:25.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am not so much worried about the snow or ice, it's the fact that entire nations will be wiped off the face of the earth by rising seas.

And will happen as soon as the year 2000

er...wait....
    http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/oceanogr...matechange.pdf

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    There's only one fabricator around here ... that quote translates as 'the heavy frosts and snow of 20 years ago no longer occur in our region'. Which is no more than an acknowledgement of the trend of warmer winters in Europe, and does not equate to no snow. Once again the headline has been added by the author. Why on Earth are you getting science from tabloid headlines?

Remember this?

From February 2012. Need a little more time?
    Check out Al Gore....

Al Gore in his own words

I'm sure you probably agree with him.

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X