• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Leaving a contract

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leaving a contract"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Leaving a contract

Well if it works for some then fill yer boots! :

As an ITIL/COBIT bod who am I to diss others cash cows?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It's only the Big Boys who can afford to talk b0llocks and get away with it.
    OMG! My business model is fecked!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Please help Suity find a job. anything that stops him treating CUK as his personal twatter feed and endlessly posting fantasist crap and made up lies.

Warm regards,
    FLC
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Are you fecking kidding me?
    that's what you explicitly said by asking people to find suity a job.....

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    so you agree sincotbac
    Are you fecking kidding me?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Please help Suity find a job.

Warm regards,
    FLC
    so you agree sincotbac

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Wrong.

HTH.
    Please help Suity find a job.

Warm regards,
    FLC

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Wrong.

HTH.
    You couldn't be wronger

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    FLC!=Suity

HTH
    Wrong.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• u9k82
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    There are lessons in this thread.

1. Never post a serious question in General.

2. Never use Six Sigma as a contractor. You are there to be productive from your 1st week. It's only the Big Boys who can afford to talk b0llocks and get away with it.
    Well I was bought in as a Six sigma process analyst...I suppose I'm supposed to be drawn into an argument about Six Sigma being b0llocks.

I get bought in when the big boys fail to deliver. I've made a career of mopping up their mess.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    There are lessons in this thread.

1. Never post a serious question in General.

2. Never use Six Sigma as a contractor. You are there to be productive from your 1st week. It's only the Big Boys who can afford to talk b0llocks and get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by u9k82 View Post
    Of course I know the mechanics of notice periods. I'm actually 8 years contracting.

I've never been in this position before where I would be leaving before my end date. It stands against my professional principles BUT... I wanted to gauge opinion from other contractors on what they would doing my situation.

I assumed quite a few would have been in this position.
    I've given notice on a contract once, on the grounds that the flight schedules had changed making the journey not worthwhile. The real reason was it was doomed to failure and I wanted out before the project manager exploded and killed someone.

Leave a comment:

• u9k82
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So you've been contracting for five years and you can't decide such a basic thing yourself?

And you haven't worked out about notice periods yet?
    Of course I know the mechanics of notice periods. I'm actually 8 years contracting.

I've never been in this position before where I would be leaving before my end date. It stands against my professional principles BUT... I wanted to gauge opinion from other contractors on what they would doing my situation.

I assumed quite a few would have been in this position.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Were you there for the "I am an insect!" speech that the bloke who set it up gave?
    I was at the event but don't actually remember the speech probably because I was sat with some of the BCG alumni who had adopted my here for the entertainment approach..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X