• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stuff I want but can't bring myself to buy just yet"

Collapse

• DannyF1966
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    When I buy my DF I will sell you my D7000!
    Although I could go straight to the DF seeing as it's got my initials in the name

"yeah, they just made it, like, specially for me, you know..."

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is that like a pro version of a Rabbit?
    Not in my world...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
    I know what you mean, I've been meaning to upgrade my D40 to something like a D7100 but can't justify it with the number of photos I take. Bought a 50mm f1.8 lens last year which rekindled my interest a lot though
    When I buy my DF I will sell you my D7000!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    A carousel horse. I really want one.
    Is that like a pro version of a Rabbit?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    A carousel horse. I really want one.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Having seen the running costs of an Aga I'll skip the option. Get a decent range cooker instead...
    It's mainly the joy of burning stuff - which could be satisfied with a stove (or an open fire) much more usefully.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
    I know what you mean, I've been meaning to upgrade my D40 to something like a D7100 but can't justify it with the number of photos I take. Bought a 50mm f1.8 lens last year which rekindled my interest a lot though
    Camera's are something that just get replaced in my world. Currently have the a77 ii as I picked it up for peanuts (well £200 after selling the bundled bits) on the bay..

I do want a tamron 150-600 for birds and stuff but haven't seen one cheap enough yet. Will probably buy later this year when one of my other projects starts bringing in cash..

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I would love a proper Aga/Rayburn. But a wood burning stove would come higher up the list... sadly I'm not sure either is feasible in our house really
    Having seen the running costs of an Aga I'll skip the option. Get a decent range cooker instead...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Aren't they the #1 wedding gift list item in cloggers?

Someone on the mainland was raving about them the other day.
    I sincerely doubt it, as they don't do cooking here at all. It's summat you buy if you're serious about cooking.

As the cloggies are such tightwads they wouldn't fork out the 800 or so euro for one.

I'd say a deep fryer is more likely.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I would love a proper Aga/Rayburn. But a wood burning stove would come higher up the list... sadly I'm not sure either is feasible in our house really
    I doubt we'll be able to pull off a proper one, but the 3/4 jobs aren't that much wider than a normal oven and, well, I'll make it fit!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well there are plenty of blokes who'd like those things as well.

I also forgot to add a mini-max Big green egg to the list
    And of course a Brewie, brewing machine

not exactly your typical girlie request.
    And I'll counter a little by saying the first thing I want to buy for our new house is a range cooker for the wife

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Tractor driving
    Would they drive tractors on the wrong side of the farm?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I don't garden or potter. But I'd quite happily spend some time away from IT on his farm helping out.

I know when he starts farming full time, I'm going to be so envious.
    Tractor driving

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    If it's in a garden it's called pottering.
    If it's in a field it's farming.

Both sound great to me.
    I don't garden or potter. But I'd quite happily spend some time away from IT on his farm helping out.

I know when he starts farming full time, I'm going to be so envious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X