• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Whats a sick day?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whats a sick day?"

Collapse

• AJ1982
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Move over AJ1982, I've just found a new hero
    It's cool, I've had my fun!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I just work from home if I'm ill.
    You can't be that ill!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I just work from home if I'm ill.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    That said I have been discharged from A&E at 4am and was at my desk at 8:30 ready to bill
    Move over AJ1982, I've just found a new hero

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I went for a court appearance on the clock, once.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I would rather take one day off and just stay in bed, than go for a week at reduced cacpacity.....

That said I have been discharged from A&E at 4am and was at my desk at 8:30 ready to bill

Leave a comment:

• turbowoowoo
    replied
    what is the matter with you lot?

If I am ill I work from home, if I am not ill I may also work from home or go to the client site if needed for a meeting etc..

Leave a comment:

• AJ1982
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    No peanut butter jelly time for you then!

It's a strange phrase that you use in the boomed threads, isn't it? So strange in fact that the only other person to have ever used it on here is MF.

What are the odds on that? I am in no way suggestion that you're one of his creations, really I'm not. No, seriously, I'm not.
    Maybe a little Peanut Butter Jelly :P

For those that dont get it, I assume they dont watch family guy? Bad times, you need to get on that. Oh, and Im no-ones sockie :P

Leave a comment:

• Pyrrhula
    replied
    After 3 years of lurking this post finally made me register and comment!

While working as a permie I had a contractor on my team who dragged himself in for a day with the flu (real thing, not man flu), one by one the rest of the team including me took ill and missed at least 5 days of work. I have never been so sick before or since, we terminated him based on the time lost.

Oh, hi everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    Lucky man!
    I bet she even lies on the damp patch and doesn't expect a cuddle after sex.
    Hmm, afraid not

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Yes and with the same person.
    Was a quick civil wedding, no guests.
    Coffee and cake afterwards for ourselves and after that we both went back to work
    Lucky man!
    I bet she even lies on the damp patch and doesn't expect a cuddle after sex.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you still married?
    Yes and with the same person.
    Was a quick civil wedding, no guests.
    Coffee and cake afterwards for ourselves and after that we both went back to work

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Contract abroad 10 years ago
    Got married in the morning was back at my desk 12:30 so could still invoice half a day
    Are you still married?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Sounds like me.

After 3 years I can barely remember the names of the Esteemed Customers.
    Do you really need to remember the names of your food though?

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You talk so much sh1t. You even talk sh1t about sh1t (Liverpool car incident)

Can't believe a word you say.
    Are you coming on to me ? Is this northern chat up lines ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X