• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hanoi Jane supports Clint Eastwood."

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    They hadn't had the benefit of the interweb thingie & pcs back in Vietnam.
    And they were deprived of cat memes

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    I thought so.

And a good example why, as a sniper, you should never make more than 2 shots from the same location.
    Anyone on Battlefield knows that even n00bs, you'd think real snipers would....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Presumably because they are not putting themselves in the line of fire and going "eye to eye" with the enemy?
    yes they should dress up in red and march slowly towards the enemy maybe with a feathered cap whilst the officers stay out of range.

much more sporting 'what ho'

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Next time Charlie opened up, so did the field gun.

End of Charlie.
    quite clever

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Why is posting/using snipers in any way cowardly?
    Presumably because they are not putting themselves in the line of fire and going "eye to eye" with the enemy?

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Why is posting/using snipers in any way cowardly?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yes, I thought it was good, but not great. Kyle isn't a coward. Nor does he revel in shooting people. In fact quite the opposite (according to the film).
    The act of posting snipers may be cowardly - doesn't mean the individual is.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I was tempted on Saturday, but decided to wait until the dvd comes down to £3.
    Im waiting to pick it up at a charity shop for £0.99

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Has anyone actually seen the film yet?
    Yes, I thought it was good, but not great. Kyle isn't a coward. Nor does he revel in shooting people. In fact quite the opposite (according to the film).

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Interestingly, the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill is held by a British soldier.

If you follow the link, have a look at the image of what he would have seen through his rangefinder, bottom right.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Has anyone actually seen the film yet?

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    I was thinking fox or maybe roe deer, but black bear and caribou are pretty rare in Northumberland, Durham and Yorkshire.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    'Nation's pride' written all over it -

Fascism, is it possible it's raising its ugly head again without anyone realising? Current levels of apathy and indebtedness are providing the perfect breeding ground.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Stone me.

Must have had stones to cope with that at 8.
    Lots of US kids get quite large calibre rifles at a young age, you can buy reduced load cartridges, or load your own, so a 30 - 06 will recoil just a bit more than a .22 lr. It will still be quite effective on small/medium game though as it will weigh more than a .22 lr rifle.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Christian forgiveness all over it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X