• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Attachments

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Attachments"

Collapse

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    I tried on the anal fissure support forum, but my attachments limit had been reached, I'll try the more obscure volvo owners club and get back to you
    I am surprised that the latter is more obscure than the former but the times they are a-changing I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Why don't you upload it to one of the other 999 sites then post a link here. I am sure we would all be champing at the bit signing up to see it. Try Mumsnet.
    I tried on the anal fissure support forum, but my attachments limit had been reached, I'll try the more obscure volvo owners club and get back to you

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Use your public dropbox folder with a shared link.

For example here is my cv

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58171385/cv.pdf
    Is it a good idea, security wise, to publish links to even your "Public" dropbox folder?

If that sounds a bit paradoxical and Yes Ministerish, you must know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

This

I know I could do it if I could be arsed, but why can't I just upload the damn thing from my ipad to the site like I can on the other 999 fora I use
    Why don't you upload it to one of the other 999 sites then post a link here. I am sure we would all be champing at the bit signing up to see it. Try Mumsnet.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That assumes your image is already hosted somewhere, and not sitting on your computer's hard drive.
    This

I know I could do it if I could be arsed, but why can't I just upload the damn thing from my ipad to the site like I can on the other 999 fora I use

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Finally, Jeeez

He wins one award and becomes a prima donna!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You can't post attachments.

Sorry for not replying sooner.
    Finally, Jeeez

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Not just me then!

Should the FAQ not tell me this?
    You can't post attachments.

Sorry for not replying sooner.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Use your public dropbox folder with a shared link.

For example here is my cv

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58171385/cv.pdf
    Last edited by scooterscot; 21 January 2015, 09:46.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Sadly my #sbfw hashtag was already taken...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That assumes your image is already hosted somewhere, and not sitting on your computer's hard drive.
    Indeed. The business of getting the image on to a web server somewhere (assuming it isn't already on one) is left as an exercise for the reader

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The little icon between the icon that looks like an envelope and the one that looks like a bit of film.

Or you can just do it directly with

[img]http://example.com/image.jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    30 years in i.t. and I don't know how to put a photo in a post :shrug:
    The little icon between the icon that looks like an envelope and the one that looks like a bit of film.

Or you can just do it directly with

[img]http://example.com/image.jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    30 years in i.t. and I don't know how to put a photo in a post :shrug:

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    You need a Large Letter stamp.

Leave a comment:

Working...