• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Panorama: Battle for British Islam"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    The panaroma was appalling at best. It is heartening to see people staring to realise there are different groups of Muslims and you can't lump them all together. On the other hand the programme was working to the narrative of terrorism by terrorising people into thinking there are millions out there waiting to chop their head off. Why the bbc never mentions the main funder of the hateful ideology is obvious....
    We need to sell our weapons to someone.....

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    The panaroma was appalling at best. It is heartening to see people staring to realise there are different groups of Muslims and you can't lump them all together. On the other hand the programme was working to the narrative of terrorism by terrorising people into thinking there are millions out there waiting to chop their head off. Why the bbc never mentions the main funder of the hateful ideology is obvious....

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I struggle to understand how.
    Pointing and laughing hysterically in your case.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The males don't have it all their own way. The female theologian, Mary of Poppins wrote
    'Each time we Houri out, we will be a vigin and we will soften the penises of the elected, by gum, and the erected elected will have appetising scrotums'
    I struggle to understand how.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The males don't have it all their own way. The female theologian, Mary of Poppins wrote
    'Each time we Houri out, we will be a vigin and we will soften the penises of the elected, by gum, and the erected elected will have appetising scrotums'

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Virgins? What virgins? | Books | The Guardian

Modern apologists of Islam try to downplay the evident materialism and sexual implications of such descriptions, but, as the Encyclopaedia of Islam says, even orthodox Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 CE) and Al-Ash'ari (died 935 CE) have "admitted sensual pleasures into paradise". The sensual pleasures are graphically elaborated by Al-Suyuti (died 1505 ), Koranic commentator and polymath. He wrote: "Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising vaginas."

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Easy - put me off my lunch

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/200...uardianreview5

Modern apologists of Islam try to downplay the evident materialism and sexual implications of such descriptions, but, as the Encyclopaedia of Islam says, even orthodox Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 CE) and Al-Ash'ari (died 935 CE) have "admitted sensual pleasures into paradise". The sensual pleasures are graphically elaborated by Al-Suyuti (died 1505 ), Koranic commentator and polymath. He wrote: "Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising vaginas."

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    70 virgins seems a bit pointless. Aside from the allure of virgins being a bit weird in the first place, 70 virgins over the course of eternity isn't very many at all.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    It is apparently 72 virgins and 70 wives.
    That's virgin on the ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    It is apparently 72 virgins and 70 wives. I couldn't think of anything worse.

So the virgins don't know what to do and the wives won't let you show them?
    That's Hell that is!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    It is apparently 72 virgins and 70 wives. I couldn't think of anything worse.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The reason that Muslim countries are all totalitarian impoverished regimes is because this state of affairs is ingrained in their culture.
    Good article on that here:

Muslims must shed their narrative of grievance - Telegraph

One reason is poor education, not simply exclusion of girls but emphasis on teaching Islamic issues instead of more useful skills. Maybe also, if you ban any questioning in one area, you may be stifling the ability to think independently in others. Lack of progress in middle ages Europe may illustrate this too.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    The chance of one could persuade me to do some terrible things, I may even consider a night out in Sunderland.
    You won't find any there

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    I think you will find it is 70 virgins
    The chance of one could persuade me to do some terrible things, I may even consider a night out in Sunderland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X