• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This NYE I will be mostly...."

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Went up the village club last night. Lots of people but almost all total strangers, mainly ancient. At least on an average boring night with the usual 4 to 6 losers they are ones I know.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Doing a trial cycle to new client Co...............
    Cos it's within three miles of home ! Boooooooooooooooooomed
    Nice one, luxury a client being so handy, hope it goes well and the bike ride too

Sounds like a busy night in Kandhar here with all the fireworks, think some of the locals have imported artillery pieces.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Still sober and now going deaf from all the bleedin' fireworks, the cloggies don't hold back.

Gelukkig nieuw jaar blighty!

Have a great 2015 N

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Still sober and now going deaf from all the bleedin' fireworks, the cloggies don't hold back.

Gelukkig nieuw jaar blighty!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Do they tend to celebrate New Years much up in Scotland ?
    Not nearly as much these days. Used to be all doors were open and everybody got a bit emotional and stayed pished for three or four days.

A bit boring now to be honest.

PS I'll be pished for three or four days anyways

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Still kinda sober so far but not for long. On my own this New Year cos I've been sick and can't face my public so no gigs.

I expect somebody will rattle the door shortly after midnight
    Do they tend to celebrate New Years much up in Scotland ?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Still kinda sober so far but not for long. On my own this New Year cos I've been sick and can't face my public so no gigs.

I expect somebody will rattle the door shortly after midnight

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Doing a trial cycle to new client Co...............
    Cos it's within three miles of home ! Boooooooooooooooooomed

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Double parkrun possibility in the morning - usual one is at 10am, but there's one in the next town at 9am. Tempted to do both

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    +1
    +2

Wherever you may be and whatever you're up to or if you happen to have managed to get a seat or not, have a good one and may next year be full of invoices and gigs.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Staying for a nice curry with the in laws, a friend popped round earlier and showed Mrs V how to cook a nice Pakastani curry (not me I was too busy chopping bits of tree up).

we may well be imbibing later, there is the SPAR best (which is surprisingly good) and I have a bottle of Monkey shoulder to try.

have fun, TFA.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Just been for a swim to counter all the food I'm gonna eat between now and the new year Planning to open a bottle of Gordon and MacPhail Aberfeldy a fellow contractor gifted me for Titmas

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Enjoying NYE with my brother and family.

Nibbles and alcohol, with a few silly games between now and midnight

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Do they still require you to write an essay as to why you qualify to get the tickets?
    I think it was a ballot this year.

They tend to do that for over subscribed shows.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Jools Holland is on tonight.

They recorded it at the beginning of December as I received the email notification to get tickets.
    Do they still require you to write an essay as to why you qualify to get the tickets?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X