• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New telly - advice needed"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    He tried to make money selling MF's body, and ended up deeply in debt...
    he was selling by the pound, the refunds were too much

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I'm in the same dilemma....

I have a Panasonic 50" Plazzy, cracking telly but in a moment of madness I 'gave' it my daughter who's got a new flat thinking I'd just get a LCD or LED or OLED on whatever...

Bought it in 2007 still a brill telly.

But...

Now I want OLED, curved, feck nose whatever else - information overload.....

I think I like the curved ones, OLED is too dear, think I want a 55 or 60-odd inch, eyesight going, and to wall mount it on the pasterboarded pretend chimney breast in the living room.

There's a post olde-worlde gas fire underneath but we never use it.

I'd only be putting Sky HD and Apple TV through it, so no need for Smart TV stuff...
    If you look at next years announcements (LG have already started their pre-CES news releases) even LG are looking at Quantum Dots rather than OLED as OLED is proving rather unreliable to produce in quantity...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post

I think I like the curved ones, OLED is too dear,
    She sounds lovely.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    He tried to make money selling MF's body, and ended up deeply in debt...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Skinted at the minute
    Have your thought of selling CUK reputation points?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    What about 3D as well though. Have you thrown 3D viewing into the mix at all? Skinted at the minute but looking at something like this once we have some cash in the bank again:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-47LB730V-...068848&sr=1-19

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Get a projector. And a house with a wall in the right place to get a 400cm screen.

I have that, with a "set-top box" - but also a Samsung Smart TV.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I'm in the same dilemma....

I have a Panasonic 50" Plazzy, cracking telly but in a moment of madness I 'gave' it my daughter who's got a new flat thinking I'd just get a LCD or LED or OLED on whatever...

Bought it in 2007 still a brill telly.

But...

Now I want OLED, curved, feck nose whatever else - information overload.....

I think I like the curved ones, OLED is too dear, think I want a 55 or 60-odd inch, eyesight going, and to wall mount it on the pasterboarded pretend chimney breast in the living room.

There's a post olde-worlde gas fire underneath but we never use it.

I'd only be putting Sky HD and Apple TV through it, so no need for Smart TV stuff...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Whats the best telly/package combo in your opinion ?

Should we go for a smart screen ?

elim the license fee ?

my money is burning a hole in Mrs EO pockets

TIA.
    I went and picked up a Samsung UE40H6700 earlier this week (got it for £440 from amazon).

The reasons for that choice:

Samsung Smart TV (supports Plex and catchup for all the UK channels).
    Acts as a video recorder for both Freeview and Freesat (which means you can record multiple things at the same time).
    Fits into the gap I have.

S

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic New telly - advice needed

New telly - advice needed

Whats the best telly/package combo in your opinion ?

Should we go for a smart screen ?

elim the license fee ?

my money is burning a hole in Mrs EO pockets

TIA.

Working...
X