• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nice way to behave

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nice way to behave"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I don't imagine that living with multiple partners at the same time to whom you're not legally married is illegal.
    You can live with whom & how many you like; it’s only the act of marriage that has to be singular

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

So only actually getting married, i.e. hoping nobody realises you already were, is polygamy?
    I don't imagine that living with multiple partners at the same time to whom you're not legally married is illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Goatfell
    replied
    So only actually getting married, i.e. hoping nobody realises you already were, is polygamy?
    No, that's called bigamy*

*in countries where polygamy is illegal

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    He can sex with his wife the day I am allowed sex with mine.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Religion is irrelevant. Where this dude uses religion/culture to excuse rape would anyone oppose the union and on what grounds would they oppose it?
    Should he be marrying a non-Muslim if he's following Islamic law? Is a non-Muslim bound to accept his marriage and his subsequent 'rights' under Islamic law, when she never agreed to follow that law?

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Polygamy is illegal but it is very common in Islamic families here.

This is down to muslims never bothering to register marriages at the registry office. Another example of the religion believing itself to be above or beyond the law.
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    It's not a marriage, legally speaking, if it's not registered. So what does it mean to be polygamous? That you tell people you're married to more than one person, but actually aren't?

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Beaten by d000hg
    Perverts! The both of you!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

This is down to muslims never bothering to register marriages at the registry office. Another example of the religion believing itself to be above or beyond the law.
    It's not a marriage, legally speaking, if it's not registered. So what does it mean to be polygamous? That you tell people you're married to more than one person, but actually aren't?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Might one point out that this chap's "culture" is all in favour of cousins marrying cousins for n generations to maximise the likelyhood of recessive genes getting it together to increase the chance of disabilities?

It's a bit like de-evolution in action.
    yep, there is no doubt about that in my mind. The missus looks after serious ventilation cases and 80% of them are from that part of the world. Most of the issues are genetic and the parents (particularly the dads) are keen on churning them out. It's the will of Alan , apparently

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    WTF is a Christian Culture? You mean like eating fish on Friday?
    It's a culture where you are encouraged to be self sufficient, via the work ethic, surrounded by a religion but not penalised if you don't join in. Many of the great institutions are attached to the religion, but they will allow you to join in without trying to (too hard) convert you.
    I like the way you are allowed to pick and choose which bits you like, and not bother with the bits you don't
    there is a lot of freedom, physically as well as mentally and intellectually

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
    the force is strong in this one.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    That was actually what I was asking, genuinely. What if that person was also disabled and was not able to say yes or no?
    Looks like we have found an ideal wife for your average IT contractor

Leave a comment:

• Goatfell
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I don't see what his country of Origin has to do with it ? why mention the fact that he is a Bangladeshi ? and what is his religion to do with it ? more Islamaphobia on display here, not to mention the casual sexisim and bring the wifes disabilities into it.
    Polygamy is practised in many countries and even encouraged in some, yet more 'white supremacist' bile and bigotry

The article should have read - 'judge says something about someone'

Signed - A PC moron
    So if this ahole was to take your mother/daughter/sister as his third wife, would you oppose the union and on what grounds?
    Maybe EO would let them make their own choice?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Religion is irrelevant. Where this dude uses religion/culture to excuse rape would anyone oppose the union and on what grounds would they oppose it?
    as the wife is unable to consent to sex she is almost certainly unable to consent to marriage.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Maybe EO would let them make their own choice?
    well their future husband most certainly will not!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X