• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dry Skin?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dry Skin?"

Collapse

• Zero Liability
    replied
    It could be to fragrances or other irritants, like mint (more relevant for men's products though.) The website I linked to lists the main culprits for that sort of thing under its brand reviews. Could also be allergies, however. Dry skin is inherently more sensitive so unnecessary irritants like mint will be all the worse for it.

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I use basic E45 moisturiser for face and hands. Expensive stuff brings me out in unattractive blotches.
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No need to see a doctor - just talk to a pharmacist.
    If you got a headache would you see a pharmacist or try paracetamol first?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    At the grave risk of being branded a "metrosexual", here you go.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    WTS. Suggesting prescription medicine for a bit of dry skin is like suggesting Codeine for someone who pulled a muscle "because it's stronger". If the basic stuff doesn't work, then go see a doctor or something, but E45 is a good call.
    No need to see a doctor - just talk to a pharmacist.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    You can use it anywhere, but it is extremely viscous and waxy...I would suggest a "Simple" fragrance free light moisturiser, unless prescribed for facial use.
    I use basic E45 moisturiser for face and hands. Expensive stuff brings me out in unattractive blotches.
    WTS. Suggesting prescription medicine for a bit of dry skin is like suggesting Codeine for someone who pulled a muscle "because it's stronger". If the basic stuff doesn't work, then go see a doctor or something, but E45 is a good call.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I suffer from Rosacea so use antibiotic gel twice a day plus E45 cream. Thanks for the Diprobase recommendation, I'll give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    TTIWWP

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Expensive stuff brings me out in unattractive blotches.
    TTIWWP

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You can with Diprobase, you just have to avoid getting it in your eye like any other moisturiser. You can even use it as a soap substitute.
    You can use it anywhere, but it is extremely viscous and waxy...I would suggest a "Simple" fragrance free light moisturiser, unless prescribed for facial use.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Erm

You can't use either on your face? Just a "Simple" moisturiser will suffice.
    You can with Diprobase, you just have to avoid getting it in your eye like any other moisturiser. You can even use it as a soap substitute.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Erm

You can't use either on your face? Just a "Simple" moisturiser will suffice.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Splendid - I'll go and find some!

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Diprobase - What the Dermatologist prescribed for me

Curamid - Ditto - this is "stronger" than Diprobase and contains Lactic Acid and Urea. Better for areas of hyperkeratosis (heels / balls of feet, for example).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X