• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I do love this contracting lark."

Collapse

• RSoles
    replied
    'andles for forks.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Chip shop and Sunday Car boot. Why do you always big it up? :
    How are the sledge sales going or did you stick them in a bankrupt stock auction ?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Excellent.

Makes a refreshing change to say

rather than

Unless you say 'would you like a screw with your fries'. Maybe the wife does that, her tips jar is always full

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Café CAN be good if you get the location. It is harder work than it looks though.

If you've got it somewhere where the clientele are not in the 'rock bottom' price demographic
    Chip shop and Sunday Car boot. Why do you always big it up? :

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Café CAN be good if you get the location. It is harder work than it looks though.

If you've got it somewhere where the clientele are not in the 'rock bottom' price demographic
    Our local competition makes Betty's look common and we would be taken over cheap fryup Caff and moving it to the middle market.... By adding the chocolate production I would also hope to make it slightly more a destination place for people (that works well at Mullion Cove and that is absolutely in the middle of nowhere / at the end of the UK)...

As for it being hardwork we know (Mrs Eek for a while produced the cakes for a lot of the local farmers shop cafés).

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Think we will end up with a Café and the chocolates... Current issue is that we have a good location nearby but there is a mobile repair / accessories shop slap bang in the middle of the parade that we would also need (would provide additional seats and somewhere to make the chocolates)...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    A Café and a Hardware Shop.
    Think we will end up with a Café and the chocolates... Current issue is that we have a good location nearby but there is a mobile repair / accessories shop slap bang in the middle of the parade that we would also need (would provide additional seats and somewhere to make the chocolates)...

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
    I often hear tell of people toiling on their "Plan B"'s

Assuming this is your other source of income.

Is this property for most people or Stock? Or is it more varied than that?
    Mine's a piece of software I wrote - managed to sell it to my last client, which gave me the oomph to polish it up. I'm finding getting any further with it bloody hard work, though. Benched at the minute, so I'm taking the time to sort out the website, make up some screencasts and hopefully market it a little.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post

A Café and a Hardware Shop.

Leave a comment:

• Tasslehoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Where's the love?

Someone go and get the guitar.

(Well done to OP on making a success of this damn strange contracting malarkey. Plan B?)

qh

Leave a comment:

• Tasslehoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattski View Post
    So... we still love MF though, right?

Right?

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Mattski
    replied
    So... we still love contracting though, right?

Right?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Gotcha.

Permabanned.
    If only you had the inclination to permaban the rest of his massive sock drawer, they're all the same.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X