• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is your phone on silent over night?"

Collapse

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I have it on do not disturb from 10.30pm - 6am, but favourites are allowed through and this is good especially when stopping away from home during the week.

Leave a comment:

• NickyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Mine's on silent - the house phone is the one you need to ring to get the "Holy tulip, who's died" response.
    Exactly this.

Plebs get my mobile and get ignored at night.
    People I care about get my home number and get my full attention if they think something is worth waking me about.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Mine isn't, but then I have no friends so it isn't much of a problem.
    WHS
    The only annoyance is sometimes FaceBook decides to play alerts but mostly it doesn't. So randomly it might start chiming at 2am. But I generally don't bother.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Me too..
    You find it difficult to sleep with Simon's phone's email alerts pinging?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Phone is on silent and in airplane mode just to be sure.

Silent to stop the noise, airplane mode to preserve the battery a bit, because I don't want to have to wait in the morning for the phone to switch on.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Own phone not on silent
    If client co provided a company phone it's switched off the second I leave my desk to go home (I leave it usually in my desk as well)

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Mine's on silent - the house phone is the one you need to ring to get the "Holy tulip, who's died" response.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My is on "Do Not Disturb" which allows those whom I have marked as favourites to still ring me, I have too many email account attached to my phone to be able to sleep with the constant ding ding ding all night
    Me too..

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I have this mode but I don't allow anyone to call me.
    My parents in Spain and the kids mum are the only ones in the group

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    My is on "Do Not Disturb" which allows those whom I have marked as favourites to still ring me, I have too many email account attached to my phone to be able to sleep with the constant ding ding ding all night
    I have this mode but I don't allow anyone to call me.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I turn it off at night and when I don't want to be contacted.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    It's pretty much on silent the whole time, unless I know I may get a call or am meeting up with people then I put the volume up.

Never keep my phone with me at home it pretty much sits in my handbag.

If there's an emergency people can call the landline.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    I have too many email account attached to my phone to be able to sleep with the constant ding ding ding all night
    ^This. My favourite is something Hector sends about VAT. Always at half past 2

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Mine isn't, but then I have no friends so it isn't much of a problem.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    My phone isn't on silent. I'd rather be contactable in case of an emergency, but I'd hope most people would be sensible enough not to call me in the middle of the night if it wasn't an emergency.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X