• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "For an English speaker, where today is the best place / country to live / work?"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Both of my speakers are English, they seem to work quite well in the garage or in the bedroom. I have some Japanese ones I use in the car.
    English speakers made in China?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Both of my speakers are English, they seem to work quite well in the garage or in the bedroom. I have some Japanese ones I use in the car.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The best place without any shadow of doubt is London unless you are preparing to die - in which case try Syria
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 19 November 2014, 12:02.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Lots of the villages look very tired but generally most still have some sort of underlying 'bones' or at least an identity. They've fallen into disrepair and poverty, whereas Stockton (the town) is just soulless concrete and pound shops full of dead-eyed slobs.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Wow. The NE is very beautiful in many places, but Stockton is an absolute pit. I worked there for several years and a more gloomy, less attractive place I haven't seen in this part of the country
    Ever been to any of the surrounding pit villages in our neck of the woods. Driving through Tow Law on a grey day is enough to make me contemplate suicide let alone living there.

The original part of Bowburn ain't much better.

Going further away again try Loftus.....

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Best country for an English speaker is Bradford. Everyone here learnt English as their Second language, so you will never feel out of home.

HTH.

PS - Bradford is a country.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I fancy retiring to South-East Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Try Grangetown, Middlesbrough.
    On that recommendation I think I'll pass

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Wow. The NE is very beautiful in many places, but Stockton is an absolute pit. I worked there for several years and a more gloomy, less attractive place I haven't seen in this part of the country
    Try Grangetown, Middlesbrough.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Ontario

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    This is ironic. One of my best mates came back from working at VMware, Palo Alto, to transfer back to the UK, and live in Stockton!

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    California's nice if you're rich.
    This is ironic. One of my best mates came back from working at VMware, Palo Alto, to transfer back to the UK, and live in Stockton!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    California's nice if you're rich.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Hang in you mean there are real places outside CUK?!

*bolts door and dons tin hat*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X