• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Quick question for IPSE members"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Just so long as we don't have another Scottish Referendum so soon I will be happy.
    yes but the SNP will win that one

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Andyw

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Anyone changed their view since the last vote?
    Not yet.

I have, however, cancelled my direct debit so that when the renewal comes up I have to think much more about whether I feel it is worth being a member.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If and when IR35 dies will you continue your membership?
    Rhetorical question - who is going to argue that IR35 should be abolished? It's a dead issue, despite some people arguing that "politicians hate IR35 as much as we do" (or similar statements).

Anyway - yes. The business interruption insurance costs more everywhere else that I could find it, for a start.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Yeah, but only on the basis of a cold analysis of the benefits offered versus costs (a balance which remains pretty good, at least for the benefits that I make use of), and not specifically for the lobbying they are doing.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Just so long as we don't have another Scottish Referendum so soon I will be happy.
    There is a general election soon so no chance.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Yes we did

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Didn't we have one of these a month or so ago?
    Yes we did

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    It depends on what replaces it.

And whether I feel IPSE branching out to new members who may have a different operating model still has my interests at heart.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Didn't we have one of these a month or so ago?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Probably, given the 6 year/20 year rule and retrospection etc.

If I run for the board next year, I guess I would have to remain a member

Leave a comment:

• eek
    started a poll Quick question for IPSE members

Quick question for IPSE members

Yes
    23.53%
    No
    47.06%
    only while AndyW is still in charge...
    29.41%

Working...
X