• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How can one explain Essex?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NickyBoy View Post
    Careful fat man. Don't have a heart attack.
    Careful or I will sit on you on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• NickyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Settle down little one.
    Careful fat man. Don't have a heart attack.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Actually TOWIE is based around the town that I lived in and even went to school for a few years, I even remember going into what was once a pub but is now the nightclub that is frequented by these people. What about Geordie Shore or the one in Wales or Liverpool, or even this reality TV show: Luton Airport (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or this up and coming show (possibly featuring you Channel 4 series to take
    A couple of years ago I was in a nightclub in Liverpool with cast members from Desperate Scousewives, Geordie Shore, Big Brother, The Valleys, X Factor & BGT. The unisex toilets were the place to be

I've met a few from TOWIE and they are, on the whole, quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Settle down little one.
    You tell him chubba!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NickyBoy View Post
    I'm an Essex boy and I can confirm I do have a burning desire to smash in suitys face, but I don't think that's a uniquely 'Essex' reaction to interacting with him.
    Settle down little one.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Suity - Have the Germans heard of a place called Bradford in West Yorkshire?
    They ought to have done, there's a district called Little Germany so named because of the number of German merchants doing trade there during the industrial age. There is also a Hamm Strasse in the centre (and, correspondingly, a Bradford Road in Hamm).

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Essex is frequently poked fun at
    Not usually by people from Luton

Leave a comment:

• NickyBoy
    replied
    I'm an Essex boy and I can confirm I do have a burning desire to smash in suitys face, but I don't think that's a uniquely 'Essex' reaction to interacting with him.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Simples:

In Germany sex is a procreational activity.

In Essex it an alternative to shaking hands.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Suity - Have the Germans heard of a place called Bradford in West Yorkshire?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    They already have our best export sitting in their office.
    You work for a whisky distributor?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    It's not just Essex, it's representative of the general moral and intellectual decline of UK society as a whole, led by the younger generations.

I think Germans as a whole have more respect for education and moral behaviour.

Explaining Essex to the Germans is not highlighting our best exports.
    They already have our best export sitting in their office.

Agree with your comments about intellectual and moral decline though.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    How can one explain Essex?

It's not just Essex, it's representative of the general moral and intellectual decline of UK society as a whole, led by the younger generations.

I think Germans as a whole have more respect for education and moral behaviour.

Explaining Essex to the Germans is not highlighting our best exports.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Actually TOWIE is based around the town that I lived in and even went to school for a few years, I even remember going into what was once a pub but is now the nightclub that is frequented by these people. What about Geordie Shore or the one in Wales or Liverpool, or even this reality TV show: Luton Airport (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or this up and coming show (possibly featuring you Channel 4 series to take
    Fair enough.

My colleagues here already know a lot about Frau D btw

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well I'm not sure where you hail from young Barrydidit, but in the UK Essex is frequently poked fun at, so much so that they made a TV show about it called "The only way is Essex". DYOR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X