• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you swear at work?"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Damn yes.

I've got tons to do but I'm back at the hotel because they set my accesses up with an end date of last Saturday and neglected to extend the date.

Last time it took them a week to set my accesses up. We go live in five days. Just comical.
    Well, that's a pretty good excuse when stuff goes wrong and you can't fix it

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Damn yes.

I've got tons to do but I'm back at the hotel because they set my accesses up with an end date of last Saturday and neglected to extend the date.

Last time it took them a week to set my accesses up. We go live in five days. Just comical.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Well the OP likes to swear in Spanish in Reputations left so I'm sure there's some pretentious reason for swearing at his colleagues.
    +1

I got something about his grandmother's underwear.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I miss Dim Prawn.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Well the OP likes to swear in Spanish in Reputations left so I'm sure there's some pretentious reason for swearing at his colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Well this is to say to the sockie with the 'hilarious' login id: if you think that name is going to get past me, think again...
    I miss King Cnut.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Work? eh?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Well this is to say to the sockie with the 'hilarious' login id: if you think that name is going to get past me, think again...

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I work on a building site: it’s not really considered swearing: more of a “technical term”

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Swear at work? Like a trooper.

If anyone complains I just tell them that the F C & S words are old Anglo-Saxon terms that were changed into "swear" words by the Normans invaders.

And that by preventing me from using them they are culturally oppressing me and that therefore they are inherently racist.

Works a treat.

I have no idea if it is true. It's just something I made up 5 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    If I think I can get away with it, definitely. I'd never say **** though, just **** and tulip etc...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    Got a bad case of Tourettes.

Not sure my Indian colleagues approve.

They are somewhat conservative.

¡¡¡Joder!!!

F-uck no!

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    started a topic Do you swear at work?