• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Euromillions £111m tonight."

Collapse

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    They say that money changes a person. But as you're already an arsehole I guess it doesn't matter in your case.
    I may be an arsehole now but if I won I'd be an even bigger arsehole. A subject I hear you know a lot about.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    If I win it I'll be able to afford to be the arsehole I've always wanted to be.
    They say that money changes a person. But as you're already an arsehole I guess it doesn't matter in your case.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    If I win it I'll be able to afford to be the arsehole I've always wanted to be.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Looks like another rollover, was actually £114M, I "won" £4.80 last night.
    Another????

Okay I'm in for another gamble. Just one more. The final one. Now's there's final hits and final hits, which kind is this to be?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Even at London prices?
    You lucky girl he is taking you to Wetherspoons.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Well, seeing as how odds of 1 in 11,653,180 are such obviously good odds, I decided to buy 10 tickets. After all, didn't Terry Pratchet say that 1 in a million chances happen nine times out of ten?

£7.80, would probably have been better off puting my twenty quid on a random longshort nag.

Thinking about it, I wonder how many people would buy a ticket if they quoted the probability of winning as 0.00000000858%. As someone pointed out previously, you really do have a vanishingly small chance of winning this game.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Looks like another rollover, was actually £114M, I "won" £4.80 last night.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Haven't done lottery for yonks but perhaps I will tonight as I am bound to win.

Had a spooky moment at the village club raffle last week. I jokingly waved my fingers at my tickets and commanded them to win and my number was the next out. If my magic spell works for a box of chocolates maybe it will work for a few million.
    That was your piece of luck. It will never happen again

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Even at London prices?
    On a (mildly) serious note - outside of London / South East - you simply couldn't spend £111m unless you actively went out of your way to burn it - you'd find it very hard to spend more than £5m on a house.

But in some parts of London, you could easily spend a big chunk of £111m on digs alone.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Even at London prices?
    I might be tempted to push the boat out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Haven't done lottery for yonks but perhaps I will tonight as I am bound to win.

Had a spooky moment at the village club raffle last week. I jokingly waved my fingers at my tickets and commanded them to win and my number was the next out. If my magic spell works for a box of chocolates maybe it will work for a few million.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'll buy you a pint if we win.
    Even at London prices?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'm not convinced that "invested" is the right word
    I'll buy you a pint if we win.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Make sure you buy the ticket at the last minute - you don't want to run the chance of dropping dead between buying the ticket and draw itself.

And if you think it's silly to talk about the odds of popping your clogs in a matter of hours - and winning the jackpot .... which event do you think is more likely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'd be tempted to calculate the probability of certain numbers coming up given:

1) the machine used

2) the ball set used

3) the number of draws that the number did not come up

With this you could test for a fit but you'd need to place a bet on each combination of ball set and machine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X