• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Personal trainer

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Personal trainer"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    A PT will make a difference but probably wouldn't be worth it initially. There's lots of alternatives, though - friends, clubs etc.

I run alone 90% of the time because to be honest that's how I like it - it's the individual challenge that appeals to me. But, when I want to up the tempo I'll grab a brother or two (literal brothers, I'm not being street) and no doubt I'll run faster further and smash the training session.

If it's running/jogging you're considering then see if a local club does any kind of beginners course. I did one to keep the wife company and there was a huge range there and they were excellent at making it balanced for us all.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    These days you can probably get a virtual/remote personal trainer, F2F is so last century.

Maybe CUK can be your trainer? Let's try...

Put down the fork and go outside, tubby
    or maybe just as effective ..

Don't charge mobile phones in your bedroom

Why charging your phone or tablet in your bedroom could make you FAT: Light emitted by the devices affects metabolism

(from the Daily Mail needless to say .. )

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Amazon were doing those military fitness sessions 5 *£5 if MS is man enough I'm sure our hero MF can.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Easy first steps would be buy some smaller plates and eat off those - this will help you cut down on portion sizes but you will not really notice. Also, start every meal with a pint of water. Cut down on things like bread, white pasta, pizza etc.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    These days you can probably get a virtual/remote personal trainer, F2F is so last century.

Maybe CUK can be your trainer? Let's try...

Put down the fork and go outside, tubby

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm toying with joining Fat Fighters.
    Are they like Sumo wrestlers?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper and more convenient to buy an exercise video and follow along with that?

Not into "formal" exercise myself, and have always detested running, but I've lost two stone in the last three months gardening and knocking down partition walls. I've had to keep drilling new holes on my belts

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    See you at parkrun on Saturday, MF?

Seriously - I've found it very motivational. Lots of fat bastards start with run/walk or just one lap (2.5k) and build up. Nothing better than getting that text to say you've beaten your PB.
    I'm toying with joining Fat Fighters.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    See you at parkrun on Saturday, MF?

Seriously - I've found it very motivational. Lots of fat bastards start with run/walk or just one lap (2.5k) and build up. Nothing better than getting that text to say you've beaten your PB.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That does depend on your self-motivation. I find having something to go to is much more likely to get me actually doing it than getting myself off my arse. Though training with a friend is probably enough. Shame MF hasn't got any...
    That is a good point. I am motivated by competing in a sport and the fact that as chief trainer I should be setting a good example. Although I hate training with other people! They keep wanting to talk or change things or not change things I want to change etc!

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    x2 a week for the last 4 years

do it!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I never have but I had time and an interest in the subject so I read up on it and set my own training regime up, it is actually a lot easier than most people think. I train every lunchtime and at least one evening a week and have my routines customised to exactly what I want to do and what equipment I have available.
    That does depend on your self-motivation. I find having something to go to is much more likely to get me actually doing it than getting myself off my arse. Though training with a friend is probably enough. Shame MF hasn't got any...

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I never have but I had time and an interest in the subject so I read up on it and set my own training regime up, it is actually a lot easier than most people think. I train every lunchtime and at least one evening a week and have my routines customised to exactly what I want to do and what equipment I have available.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Yes and Yes

For me the benefits were:
    Increased variety of training exercises
    Made sure I maintained proper form
    Helped push me a bit further than I normally would
    Made sure I did a full hour at full pace
    Got me in the habit of stretching post exercise

I didn't bother with a trainer for every session, just once a week seemed to be enough
    +1

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sexy lady personal trainer or butch ex-army man personal trainer?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X