• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jeremy Clarkson - Take A Bow Sir!"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Does anyone remember Noel Edmunds presenting it? No, me neither, but I do remember William Woodard.

Dunno whether William Woollard did a report on one but the image of an Austin Allegro just popped into my head.

I think maybe he did but back in his Tomorrow's World days

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I only watch the specials these days. This one rated as one of the more boring ones IMHO. But then it could just be that the pattern is getting boring. Perhaps because it seems more contrived than the other ones? Nothing really felt spontaneous this time.
    I did like Clarkson's new satnav and his interior brake light though

I still have half the second episode to watch.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I only watch the specials these days. This one rated as one of the more boring ones IMHO. But then it could just be that the pattern is getting boring. Perhaps because it seems more contrived than the other ones? Nothing really felt spontaneous this time.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I'm not a big Top Gear fan but my kids pressure me into watching the specials. Thought this one was good. Actually all the specials I've seen are pretty good.

Isn't Clarkson getting fat and jowly now?

I don't like that he's the "leader" when he's such a cock-end.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Top Gear sits in an odd place for me now - it used to be a real highlight of TV and I always looked forward to the series. Now they're moving into "meh" at best territory, but it's still one of the better shows on TV IMHO. That said, I think I've missed a few episodes from each of the last series.

Enjoyed the special - a little slow, but I'm quite happy to spend an hour looking at nice scenery and those lot messing about.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Yes, I saw it. Their convoy has certainly grown over the past three or four years.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Did anyone actually watch this? I quite enjoyed it. They certainly travel with a lot of crew and equipment - hard to sneak around unnoticed when there's a convoy of 40 landrovers etc hanging about.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Does anyone remember Top Gear before Clarkson et al took over? Was it a bit boring? I don't recall it being very funny.
    Does anyone remember Noel Edmunds presenting it? No, me neither, but I do remember William Woodard.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Does anyone remember Top Gear before Clarkson et al took over? Was it a bit boring? I don't recall it being very funny.
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Yes me too, it wasn't funny, but it was about cars back then TBF....
    Yeah, and nobody watched it.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Yes me too, it wasn't funny, but it was about cars back then TBF....

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    They must have specially picked that plate, despite the protests, the FLK ok maybe, but unlikely, the 982, come on!!!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Shock horror, Clarkson and Top Gear team in stunt that courts press attention and secures massive viewing figures for the next series. In other news, bears found to periodically defecate in the woods and Pontiff believed to be Catholic.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The plate on May’s Lotus contained the number 646, which Juan Manuel Romano, an official in the province of Ushuaia, suggested could be a reference to the 649 Argentinean dead in the Falklands conflict. He noted that Hammond’s Ford Mustang had 269 in its plate, close to the 255 losses suffered by the British.
    Getting sillier by the minute. Surely an intentional insult would have used the right numbers?

Anyway never mind that, why isn't Clarkson finding some way to insult the * Spanish? (see today's DE)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Clarkson is saying that the Press reports are completely distorted. He says the number plate was a coincidence, and when it was pointed out, they changed it. The "military veterans" who were so offended were, he says, in their twenties, so could hardly claim to have been involved in the Falklands War.

I'm sure he's still perfectly happy with the coverage in a "no publicity is bad publicity" sense, but I'm also not inclined to doubt that the tabloids just made up a load of crap for the sake of a few headlines
    Seems like they possibly knew something all along: Jeremy Clarkson 'might have broken licence plate laws' on Top Gear's Argentine misadventure - Crime - UK - The Independent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X