• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cyclists - shave your legs"

Collapse

• Jubber
    replied
    Waxing is the key

Back, Sack and Crack (apparently)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think you're supposed to shave before you set off, not while cycling.
    Wouldn't be easier just to slap on a load of Immac before setting off?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Not so sure about genital shaving though. Can get quite painful on long rides.
    I think you're supposed to shave before you set off, not while cycling.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Shaving ones undercarriage gives to closer fit to the seat, crucial in competition.
    It's the job of the secreatary of the club to inspect the seats closely

'especially the ladies team. And that your honour , is my defence. '

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Flip me, I know some cyclists are dead keen, but shaving your genitals off seems a bit extreme.

Mind you, I can see how it would make a guy slightly more aerodynamic, and every second counts.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    When I was a teenager I came off my push bike while bombing down a hill in Southern Italy, and slid along the road for a few feet.

With the friction, and the baking heat of the road, a full box of matches in my jeans pocket (a small pocket right round the front, rather than a side pocket) burst into flames and practically exploded.

Now that's pain!
    MTFU!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    One minor point; I crashed in the velodrome at about 50 kph, having not shaved my legs, the first time I rode there. I learnt my lesson. Some hairs got trapped in the little gaps between the boardings as I slid to a halt; yeeooowwww!!!
    When I was a teenager I came off my push bike while bombing down a hill in Southern Italy, and slid along the road for a few feet.

With the friction, and the baking heat of the road, a full box of matches in my jeans pocket (a small pocket right round the front, rather than a side pocket) burst into flames and practically exploded.

Now that's pain!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    there is feeling and tolerating

and then

there is feeling and wimpering

there is your mars, venus differential.
    Then there is feeling, shouting 'f**k that hurts' and then getting back on the bike.

Miss Pendleton was quite good at that. But then somehow she spontaneously burst out blubbing about the pressure and the journalists and all those nasty people saying nasty things, having shown herself to be really quite 'ard when it comes to physical pain.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    there is feeling and tolerating

and then

there is feeling and wimpering

there is your mars, venus differential.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You don't know how it feels.

It hurt even more than Manflu.
    BBC NEWS | Health | Women feel pain more than men

Women are bigger wimps than men when it comes to pain, research suggests, contrary to the popular notion that the reverse is true.
    WMSS

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    MTFU.
    You don't know how it feels.

It hurt even more than Manflu.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    One minor point; I crashed in the velodrome at about 50 kph, having not shaved my legs, the first time I rode there. I learnt my lesson. Some hairs got trapped in the little gaps between the boardings as I slid to a halt; yeeooowwww!!!
    MTFU.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Nice,

that is probably a faster therefore a less painful option than an epilator

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X