• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Calling all Fanbois!"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    iPhone 12 to include revolutionary arsehole recognition technology

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Apple Events - Special Event Stream - Apple

Credit Card in hand ready for the iPhone 12
    Why? Would you consider trying new apple kit a hobby of yours? Genuine question.

I see little reason to rush to upgrade phones or tablets.

In many areas I get better 3G throughput than 4G, due to a better contention ratio. As a bonus my phone battery lasts twice as long too whilst on 3G. I suspect the same will be possible of 4G once 5G sees high take up. Mobile network DPI means QoS favours some speed test websites. In the real world your latency and throughput will be much lower than those speed tests for general internet usage once the masses take up 5G.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine man
    replied
    Originally posted by anim View Post
    Dont OLED screens get pixel burn where the image is static?
    I believe they do. But most people don’t keep their phone static and turned on?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• caffeine man
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They were already using OLED before iPhone 12.
    iPhone X was the first, so they have had OLED since 2017. It was only the cheap ones that kept LCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• BackupBoy
    replied
    Calling all Fanbois!

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Finally they are using OLED screens which are being used by Samsung for many years now.
    Apple’s displays are made by Samsung.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Finally they are using OLED screens which are being used by Samsung for many years now.
    They were already using OLED before iPhone 12.

Leave a comment:

• anim
    replied
    Dont OLED screens get pixel burn where the image is static?

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Will it work with my iRon??
    Yes.

You can use the iRon to smash the fecking thing into little pieces.

I knew those antique smoothing iRons would come in handy one day.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Will it work with my iRon??

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Does the iPhone12 now charge on USB-C?
    Still a lightning cable but the other end is now usb c rather than usb a. As everyone probably has spare lightning to usb a cables around.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Does the iPhone12 now charge on USB-C?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I just want to know when they are going to release for sale the Air4!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Waits for the backlash about not including a charger even though I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X