• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Plus ca change

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plus ca change"

Collapse

• I just need to test it
    replied
    I think I prefer the current me. It helps that I've kept my hair, shape, and still feel 27 inside.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Still Looks like a reasonable post.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I still am the young me. Just my body isn't paying attention. I find that as you get old, dealing with people and life in general become easier because you've had more practice. I've stopped caring what other people think.

I know I'm super smashing great. And dated.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Oh you're so right. Without actually being here, you've managed to understand the hopelessness of the situation fully, and without any evidence.

Job as a BBC correspondent as a plan b?
    I thought DM journalisthack.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    My plan B's an iPad breathalyser that stops you posting when you're pissed.
    I fimd yhat th leyboatd dos the jpb itslef.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Oh you're so right. Without actually being here, you've managed to understand the hopelessness of the situation fully, and without any evidence.

My plan B's an iPad breathalyser that stops you posting when you're pissed.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    My profuse apologies -
    a) i have got older.
    b) I don't prefer either.

But please have a look at your life.
    Here's me sat on my iPad, like a sad loner swilling beer like it's going out of fashion.

This is NOT good!

Not a total loner as I know all the bar staff now really well, and we can now communicate by "knowing look" from afar.

That "knowing look" is a look of exasperation along the lines of "Oh Keeeerist it is that sad little f**k again"

HTH

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Stand up, turn around and exit the hotel bar. Walk down the street and find a locals bar. One Marriott/Hilton/Raddisson is the same as all the others and is filled with people doing the same as you are now.

Let's face it, we both know you're going to get binned of this contract soon enough so you might as well enjoy the city you're in whilst it lasts.

Actually true. This is a fill in gig.

Hopefully get a gig closer to home after my interview on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Your standards mean that you ignore the question in the OP, and proceed straight to off-slagging.
    My profuse apologies -
    a) i have got older.
    b) I don't prefer either.

But please have a look at your life.
    Here's me sat on my iPad, like a sad loner swilling beer like it's going out of fashion.

This is NOT good!

Not a total loner as I know all the bar staff now really well, and we can now communicate by "knowing look" from afar.

That "knowing look" is a look of exasperation along the lines of "Oh Keeeerist it is that sad little f**k again"

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I'm sat at the bar in the hotel living up to eek's accusations,
    Stand up, turn around and exit the hotel bar. Walk down the street and find a locals bar. One Marriott/Hilton/Raddisson is the same as all the others and is filled with people doing the same as you are now.

Let's face it, we both know you're going to get binned of this contract soon enough so you might as well enjoy the city you're in whilst it lasts.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    But you don't have high standards do you? Well any standards to be fair.
    Your standards mean that you ignore the question in the OP, and proceed straight to off-slagging.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Re-read. Looks ok to me. Carry on.
    But you don't have high standards do you? Well any standards to be fair.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You sad loner ****.
    That's the spirit

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    In years gone by, I was a confident, outgoing, gregarious pub going loadsa friends nightclubbing sort.

Well ok, not the last part.

I'm sat at the bar in the hotel living up to eek's accusations, and there is me from yesteryear but old fat and grey carrying on like the centre of the universe. A gaggle of people all round him braying at his crap jokes and swilling beer like is going out of fashion.

I like my life now. Quieter. Not a total loner as I know all the bar staff now really well, and we can now communicate by "knowing look" from afar.

So in my own, quiet way I came I saw I conquered, but without being a braying idiot.

Makes me look back on my formative years with a wince.

How have you changed over the years, and do you prefer the young you, or the current you?
    You sad loner ****.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Re-read. Looks ok to me. Carry on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X