• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plus ca change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Stand up, turn around and exit the hotel bar. Walk down the street and find a locals bar. One Marriott/Hilton/Raddisson is the same as all the others and is filled with people doing the same as you are now.

Let's face it, we both know you're going to get binned of this contract soon enough so you might as well enjoy the city you're in whilst it lasts.

Actually true. This is a fill in gig.

Hopefully get a gig closer to home after my interview on Monday.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
      My profuse apologies -
      a) i have got older.
      b) I don't prefer either.

But please have a look at your life.
      Here's me sat on my iPad, like a sad loner swilling beer like it's going out of fashion.

This is NOT good!

Not a total loner as I know all the bar staff now really well, and we can now communicate by "knowing look" from afar.

That "knowing look" is a look of exasperation along the lines of "Oh Keeeerist it is that sad little f**k again"

HTH
      Oh you're so right. Without actually being here, you've managed to understand the hopelessness of the situation fully, and without any evidence.

Job as a BBC correspondent as a plan b?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Oh you're so right. Without actually being here, you've managed to understand the hopelessness of the situation fully, and without any evidence.

My plan B's an iPad breathalyser that stops you posting when you're pissed.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          My plan B's an iPad breathalyser that stops you posting when you're pissed.
          I fimd yhat th leyboatd dos the jpb itslef.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I thought DM journalisthack.

Comment

I still am the young me. Just my body isn't paying attention. I find that as you get old, dealing with people and life in general become easier because you've had more practice. I've stopped caring what other people think.

I know I'm super smashing great. And dated.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Still Looks like a reasonable post.

Comment

I think I prefer the current me. It helps that I've kept my hair, shape, and still feel 27 inside.

Comment

Working...
                  X