• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Thread"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Friends coming around on Sat p.m. for a BBQ to christen our patio.

The way Mrs Scrag works before such an occasion you'd think it was royalty coming.

And tomorrow we will be taking it easy.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    How interesting! I haven't studied this much but B&Q have a shed for 2 wheelie-bins in tasteful green and brown plastic for £110. Ideally I need something for three bins, let me know how you get on.
    Bizarrely I saw some at our b&q too. I say "bizarrely" because our local authority haven't supplied us with wheelie bins. We still have the old traditional dustbins.

We've recently re fenced the back yard so my first choice would be a wooden unit I can paint to match our fence.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    TFA

Fly back to blighty later today.
    Sat: General errand running, mow lawn, eat pork, drink wine.
    Sun: Mostly pottering, might pop round to see the oldies

Basically having a quiet one.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    That is pricey, have you thought about getting shares in the company (P&O?) that way you may be able to get a discount on journeys.

£900 I'd rather spend on hotels in France during the drive down.
    Combination of the summer holidays, going for a long period of time and also picking good sailing times to allow an easier drive in Spain

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just over £900
    That is pricey, have you thought about getting shares in the company (P&O?) that way you may be able to get a discount on journeys.

£900 I'd rather spend on hotels in France during the drive down.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Thanks for asking.

Quiet one. Flying to a different airport due to Air France cancelling my usual tea time flight, so Friday night is even more of a write-off than usual.

I see from my Amazon feed that my wife has been viewing storage sheds (for our dustbins), so there may be a garden centre visit in store.
    How interesting! I haven't studied this much but B&Q have a shed for 2 wheelie-bins in tasteful green and brown plastic for £110. Ideally I need something for three bins, let me know how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Thanks for asking.

Quiet one. Flying to a different airport due to Air France cancelling my usual tea time flight, so Friday night is even more of a write-off than usual.

I see from my Amazon feed that my wife has been viewing storage sheds (for our dustbins), so there may be a garden centre visit in store.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Tonight: Some wine and food and chilling with Mr N
    Tomorrow: market, Rrrollende Keukens food festival, possible bbq in the evening with friends
    Sunday: Out for drinks with a mate and generally taking it easy

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Thanks for asking!

Friday: sister and brother in law coming over to play some board games.

Saturday: mini MUN's friend's birthday party and the a meal with the choir in the evening.

Sunday: church, micro MUN's birthday tea party and them fight practice in the evening. We got a warning from the powers that be that our group hits too hard so will be training to reduce some of the power from the shots.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Ah you do the ferry - mind if I ask the cost of that?
    Just over £900

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If your kids don't notice they don't like you.

I was going to say "hate" but kids who hate someone make a fuss.
    Meh. My kids need to toughen up. There's bills to be paid.

Edit : is Bedwetting a gene?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Hopefully sneak back to Germany without the kids noticing.
    If your kids don't notice they don't like you.

I was going to say "hate" but kids who hate someone make a fuss.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Cider festival at the Rugby Club.
    Are you in the West Country?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Land Friday late.

Working all day Saturday from fooking early on another client site.

Low profile Sunday.

Hopefully sneak back to Germany without the kids noticing.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Cider festival at the Rugby Club.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X