• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Thanks for asking.

Quiet one. Flying to a different airport due to Air France cancelling my usual tea time flight, so Friday night is even more of a write-off than usual.

I see from my Amazon feed that my wife has been viewing storage sheds (for our dustbins), so there may be a garden centre visit in store.
    How interesting! I haven't studied this much but B&Q have a shed for 2 wheelie-bins in tasteful green and brown plastic for £110. Ideally I need something for three bins, let me know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Just over £900
      That is pricey, have you thought about getting shares in the company (P&O?) that way you may be able to get a discount on journeys.

£900 I'd rather spend on hotels in France during the drive down.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
        That is pricey, have you thought about getting shares in the company (P&O?) that way you may be able to get a discount on journeys.

£900 I'd rather spend on hotels in France during the drive down.
        Combination of the summer holidays, going for a long period of time and also picking good sailing times to allow an easier drive in Spain
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

TFA

Fly back to blighty later today.
          Sat: General errand running, mow lawn, eat pork, drink wine.
          Sun: Mostly pottering, might pop round to see the oldies

Basically having a quiet one.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
            How interesting! I haven't studied this much but B&Q have a shed for 2 wheelie-bins in tasteful green and brown plastic for £110. Ideally I need something for three bins, let me know how you get on.
            Bizarrely I saw some at our b&q too. I say "bizarrely" because our local authority haven't supplied us with wheelie bins. We still have the old traditional dustbins.

We've recently re fenced the back yard so my first choice would be a wooden unit I can paint to match our fence.

Comment

Friends coming around on Sat p.m. for a BBQ to christen our patio.

The way Mrs Scrag works before such an occasion you'd think it was royalty coming.

And tomorrow we will be taking it easy.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
              X