• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "America reaps what it sows, says preacher as British jihadists gloat"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    I agree with you, not sure him trying to use the WWII quote that they died essentially to ensure you were born really applies to the falklands.
    I think he is trolling, I cant believe anyone can be that thick.

Leave a comment:

• smalldog
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    1000 people died in Falklands war so I could point it out as pointless. Your a dick. Really are stupid.
    I agree with you, not sure him trying to use the WWII quote that they died essentially to ensure you were born really applies to the falklands.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    1000 people died in Falklands war so I could point it out as pointless. Your a dick. Really are stupid.
    speak away.

i grant you free speech.

if anyone objects, give us a shout.. ill marmelise them for you

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    those blokes died in a pointless war so that you could have the right to point out that they died in a pointless war. thats the point

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I understand what you are saying. I don't believe that she runs the country anyway, she is a puppet.
    You may be right; I read something recently by an ex Argentine politician who said that Nestor Kirchner told his civil servants to never tell his wife any bad news otherwise she'd flip and lose it. It´s all a bit of a shame; Argentina´s actually a wonderful place with very enjoyable people, and it was recovering very nicely from the big financial meltdown of 2002 until this stupid cow got started. The woman is a train crash. Happily these days they have the means to get rid of her.

Leave a comment:

• smalldog
    replied
    Wow, this thread has seriously lost the america jihad opener......just to bring it back a tad.

Jihadists and the likes of ISIS are no different to the crusades, just a bit behind the times "so last year". We did it too, about a millennia ago. Same principle, "dont believe in our god?, ok we'll cut your head off". Since then we've learnt its not ok to cut someones head off just because they disagree with your religious views, some havent.

All radicalised religions do the same, they dont have a life apart from their religion, so protect it in the extreme above all else as thats all they have, in their brain washed world.

Tolerance is a big deal in the UK, that is because were a civilised nation. Jihadists are not, they are racist and intolerant and have no place in the 21st century or our country. Any condoning of hateful actions should be against the law IMHO.

No religion believes its acceptable to kill in their gods name, its purely used as an excuse to be barbaric.
    Last edited by smalldog; 21 August 2014, 20:47.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    For me it's about almost 1000 men dying. It's not unfortunate when that many people die, it wasn't an accident, it's perverse. Politics and political gain and control, that's what it's always about.
    those blokes died in a pointless war so that you could have the right to point out that they died in a pointless war. thats the point

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    The obtuse point I was making was that Galtieri made the first underhand moves to take South Georgia and then moved onto Stanley.

Had he not 'sent his fleet' none of it would have happened.

Yes, we could have dumped all 2500 islanders to his mercy. We didn't. I am saddened by the losses but not sad that we stood up for the Islanders.

What makes me even more sad is that we are still providing arms and ammunition and support to other countries that would use it.

How many of you are in or have made money out of defence contracts btw? I'm not.
    I did one, then one of my friends asked how I felt about killing people by proxy. Made me think a bit.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    ...Free speech means every opinion should be heard, even the vile and extremists ones. ...
    That is what Free Speech means, but in the West we don't have absolute free speech. There are curtailments on it. That's what the Hate laws are about.

If you publicly deny the holocaust in many European countries you will be prosecuted. I'm not going to defend David Icke has having a right to his free speech on the subject - no matter how correct he is about lizards.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    So would the same apply if, for the sake of argument, the French decided to land an invasion force on the Isle of Wight?
    No, because for some, proximity is more important. I disagree. See my other post about the Chagos and Diego Garcia. We are entirely in the wrong over those.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

God, I really don't know what to say to that.
    The obtuse point I was making was that Galtieri made the first underhand moves to take South Georgia and then moved onto Stanley.

Had he not 'sent his fleet' none of it would have happened.

Yes, we could have dumped all 2500 islanders to his mercy. We didn't. I am saddened by the losses but not sad that we stood up for the Islanders.

What makes me even more sad is that we are still providing arms and ammunition and support to other countries that would use it.

How many of you are in or have made money out of defence contracts btw? I'm not.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Yes, I was talking about negotiating the safe passage of the islanders off the island. The alternative is to swap say 250 men's lives for 2k people to stay on the island.
    So would the same apply if, for the sake of argument, the French decided to land an invasion force on the Isle of Wight?

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    I think there comes a time you have to accept someone has a different opinion and you can't argue the point any more. You are not an intelligent person, I can't change that as much as I would like to.
    Oooh.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Sorry was that to me, Margaret Thatcher or General Galtieri?
    God, I really don't know what to say to that.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    At the time, yes, but they had been requesting negotiations for a long time. Now it's run by a democratically elected idiot who reminds me of some kind of Latin American equivalent of Sarah Palin. However, she can perhaps be influenced positively, maybe via her somewhat more sensible husband.
    I understand what you are saying. I don't believe that she runs the country anyway, she is a puppet.

However, she should be negotiating with the Islanders, not Cameron or the government or the UN, it's their homes and their nationality that is at stake but oh, they already voted and almost to a person, they voted to stay a British colony, under British rule. They have the right to self determination and it should be left at that. There are more pressing things for the UN to be doing like disarming the world and ridding it of dictators and terrorists.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X