• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Which 3 cukkers?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which 3 cukkers?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I would take the 3 fattest. Then kill them and eat them. Can I take Fava beans and Cianti too?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I think if one of the ladies was northernladyuk you would prefer to be in the cage......
    Are you saying northernladyuk and northernladuk have never been seen together at the same time ?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    That's what I was thinking - all ladies, for my cooking and ironing needs.

But suppose they kept you locked in a cage and only let you out for occasional reproductive purposes?
    I think if one of the ladies was northernladyuk you would prefer to be in the cage......

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If I had to take 3 CUKers, I'd stay outside the bunker.
    If you'd stay outside the bunker, I'd put you on my buddy list.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I don't know but it would have to include one of the CUK laydees. Living in a post apocalyptic world is NOT an excuse for an unironed shirt!

/casual sexism.
    That's what I was thinking - all ladies, for my cooking and ironing needs.

But suppose they kept you locked in a cage and only let you out for occasional reproductive purposes?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I think you also had to soak your curtains (no fnaaring please)
    Too late

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Not so sure about that - With his four kids, he's well on the way already!
    You want Suitys milkman then.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'm sure brown paper bags had a useful antiradiation capacity.

Why else would HMG have included the advice in "Protect & Survive"?

I think you also had to soak your curtains (no fnaaring please) in a solution of borax. It's now difficult to find as, apparently, it's dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just take AndyW

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So which 3 CUKers would you take with you and why?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I don't know but it would have to include one of the CUK laydees. Living in a post apocalyptic world is NOT an excuse for an unironed shirt!

/casual sexism.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Probably waxed paper bags were more for thermal protection, either from the initial blast or keeping warm in the subsequent days holed up in a shelter.

Here's an interesting looking Nuclear War Survival Skills ebook for Suity to obsess over, with a foreword by Edward Teller no less, the original Dr Strangelove himself
    Having seen a lot of noddy suits they seem to contain some sort of charcoal, I assume it was from a training exercise but found a lot years ago on the dorset coastline

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Zeity - Because in a post apocalyptic scenario it's always good to have a giant lizard.

HTH
    The post-apocalyptic radiation might ,mutate him into a beautiful blonde.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    MF - So I can feel super awesome about myself. Also useful as cannon/zombie fodder.
    Cliphead - As he can cook and is a good drinking buddy.
    Zeity - Because in a post apocalyptic scenario it's always good to have a giant lizard.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I agree with Cojak - she's resourceful, cheerful (when the banhammer isn't out) and knows how to make beer
    Pondy - he usually makes me laugh
    Troll - loads of people for the price of one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X